New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mga Bossing saan makakabili ng brandnew na kevlar fiber hood pang civic 99-00? na tamaan kasi ng kahoy yung hood ko ,nagka yupi. Ang repaint is 3.5K! para na kong bumili ng surplus na hood. May disadvantage po ba ito? Thanks in Advance mga Bossing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Local CF hood would probably cost you P10K to P14K depending on the maker.

Downside with CF hoods, any accident that cracks it, you'll have to replace the entire thing.

Poor quality made CF panels can de-laminate or have the internal layers separate.

CF panels have a tendency to turn yellowish when exposed to the sun for long periods of time.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir GH do you mean that it is not advisable to change my old hood to CF hood? Is there any autoshop that is good in repainting per panel? Anyway sir thanks again

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rai711 View Post
    Sir GH do you mean that it is not advisable to change my old hood to CF hood?
    It's always pros/cons.

The main benefit of a CF hood is its light weight.

The main problem with a CF hoof is its easy to damage and expensive to fix.

Is there any autoshop that is good in repainting per panel? Anyway sir thanks again
    Well, I have my cars done at GOODYEAR/CAR-MOVERS located at 53 Santolan Rd (aka Boni Serano), Cubao QC... (727-7143)

I am pretty satisfied with their quality of work.

Generally they charge P3K per panel for repainting. Not sure how much it would cost for you since you did mention of some dents.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It's always pros/cons.

The main benefit of a CF hood is its light weight.

The main problem with a CF hoof is its easy to damage and expensive to fix.

Well, I have my cars done at GOODYEAR/CAR-MOVERS located at 53 Santolan Rd (aka Boni Serano), Cubao QC... (727-7143)

I am pretty satisfied with their quality of work.

Generally they charge P3K per panel for repainting. Not sure how much it would cost for you since you did mention of some dents.

Thanks again sir GH

Saan makakabili ng Brandnew Kevlar\carbon fiber hood for Civic99-00?