New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hi! I just want to get some advice regarding the rusts I discovered a while ago on our car (Honda City 2018) which was bought brand new last September 2017. Majority of it are located in the reinforcement beam support, instrument panel dash area, passenger side. Hindi ako alam kung normal lang ba to considering na 6 months old pa lang. No repair history on that area at hindi pa din siya nabasa ng kahit anong liquid. Also, sa other side which is on the driver's, napansin ko na may kapirasong kalawang na din.

I already informed my SE about this and told me that he will relay this to the dealership on monday.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    No, it shouldn't have rust. Buti nakita mo agad.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good thing you discovered and reported it right away. I pretty sure that is not normal to have rust in those places especially that the body is painted and rustproofed from the assembly line.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The pictures are typical of any car be it North American, South American, asian, European.
    The dash cross beam are usually unpainted since under normal conditions don't get wet. What is included in the EDP (electrolytic deposit painting) are the door shells, the body superstructures, the trunk and the hood. Bolted on components that are not exposed to the elements of nature are usually left bare metal.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    The pictures are typical of any car be it North American, South American, asian, European.
    The dash cross beam are usually unpainted since under normal conditions don't get wet. What is included in the EDP (electrolytic deposit painting) are the door shells, the body superstructures, the trunk and the hood. Bolted on components that are not exposed to the elements of nature are usually left bare metal.
    ^+1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    not even a year old?
    that's bad.
    obviously, someone from manufacturing, made a wrong assumption.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Thanks! Good info. Learned something new today.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This is pretty much typical. I also found the same under the dash of my Civic FD. If you can have the dealer put some coating, that's going to be a good thing. Or you can just leave it as it is. It's just superficial surface rust and since it's not getting constantly wet, it won't be any more worse when you sell the car 5-10 years from now.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    If libre reremedyuhan ng casa, paayos nyo na po sana. Otherwise pwede nyo sya i-soak or pahiran ng WD40 or similar product. Di bale nang ma-attract konting alikabok basta may peace of mind lang po

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'm no car tech guy but seeing something like this on a half year old unit will not settle me. Rust wherever it may be for me is never good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast