New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hindi lang Honda nag-o-offer ng rustproofing for a brand new car. I remember my friend having taken Isuzu Commonwealth's offer of rustproofing his week-old Crosswind, for which he paid ~4k.

IMO, it's just another money-making scheme. All cars straight from the factory are adequately rust-proofed, and any so-called additional rust-proofing is merely a trick to part with your hard-earned money. (Di ba they dip the unibody in several containers containing chemicals to ensure rust doesn't form easily, reaching spots which is usually hard to reach. So pag nag-rust pa yan, claim it's under warranty! WTF, they want you to pay 4k for something they should have guaranteed in the first place!)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Hindi lang Honda nag-o-offer ng rustproofing for a brand new car. I remember my friend having taken Isuzu Commonwealth's offer of rustproofing his week-old Crosswind, for which he paid ~4k.

IMO, it's just another money-making scheme. All cars straight from the factory are adequately rust-proofed, and any so-called additional rust-proofing is merely a trick to part with your hard-earned money. (Di ba they dip the unibody in several containers containing chemicals to ensure rust doesn't form easily, reaching spots which is usually hard to reach. So pag nag-rust pa yan, claim it's under warranty! WTF, they want you to pay 4k for something they should have guaranteed in the first place!)
    yes, cars are rust proofed out from the factory. i availed it because they gave it to me for free.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    bros here's the feedback from the SA i spoke to this afternoon:

The additional rust-proofing (not undercoat under the car) is a chemical application daw they apply to the interior panels of the car - they remove the interior trimming and apply the chemicals to the body panels and parts (i assume nuts & bolts etc). i think they mentioned the brand what bro ejay said - ziebart rust proof.

its P3,600 daw for the first application which lasts for a year and then there is additional maintenance yearly!!! ..another P2,000+ is what i need to pay in order to re-apply the chemical yearly to make sure the car doesn't rust!!! WTF?!!

when i asked, is this really needed for a brand new car that should have this level of protection anyway..he just replied 'up to you sir, kotse nyo yan'...ganun!! eh eto batuta ko - - - -

hmmmm...im starting to think this is really bad marketing ploy, so i won't decide to do it...tama si galactus - warranty tuluyan nito...knock on wood, hindi naman kailangan

lucky for ejay na libre sha...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by snatchmeister View Post
    bros here's the feedback from the SA i spoke to this afternoon:

The additional rust-proofing (not undercoat under the car) is a chemical application daw they apply to the interior panels of the car - they remove the interior trimming and apply the chemicals to the body panels and parts (i assume nuts & bolts etc). i think they mentioned the brand what bro ejay said - ziebart rust proof.

its P3,600 daw for the first application which lasts for a year and then there is additional maintenance yearly!!! ..another P2,000+ is what i need to pay in order to re-apply the chemical yearly to make sure the car doesn't rust!!! WTF?!!

when i asked, is this really needed for a brand new car that should have this level of protection anyway..he just replied 'up to you sir, kotse nyo yan'...ganun!! eh eto batuta ko - - - -

hmmmm...im starting to think this is really bad marketing ploy, so i won't decide to do it...tama si galactus - warranty tuluyan nito...knock on wood, hindi naman kailangan

lucky for ejay na libre sha...
    precisely. at times, the dealerships think we're some kind of idiots!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    So pag nag-rust pa yan, claim it's under warranty! WTF, they want you to pay 4k for something they should have guaranteed in the first place!)
    +1. Don't put additional rustproofing when your car is still under warranty. Put it as soon as warranty expires.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    UNDERCOATING its what should be called.

anyway, they really won't matter if u don't drive on salty water.
    as we don't have salted roads because no slush of snow in our country.

but i do find it useful though for older cars *non Toyota ones. because
    they really do help in toning down the road noise/tire noise levels. it worked well for my 95ESi. but the Toyota SUV i have, doesn't need it. much more refined/quieter than the Civic. so there u go.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    +1. Don't put additional rustproofing when your car is still under warranty. Put it as soon as warranty expires.
    great advice, thanks bro!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    UNDERCOATING its what should be called.

anyway, they really won't matter if u don't drive on salty water.
    as we don't have salted roads because no slush of snow in our country.

but i do find it useful though for older cars *non Toyota ones. because
    they really do help in toning down the road noise/tire noise levels. it worked well for my 95ESi. but the Toyota SUV i have, doesn't need it. much more refined/quieter than the Civic. so there u go.
    interesting point po, this is actually welcomed info. didn't think there would be a connection between the two - undercoating and noise dampner but somehow does make sense. i'll definitely keep this in mind as the car gets older.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Na experience ko din ito ... Yup, it lessens road noise for a while. More importantly, no hints of rust even after 5 years which is when most people sell ...

Didnt get one for my subby though. Kumpiyansa yung ahente na walang hint of rust even after 5 years stock.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    makapal ba ung coating sa doors? Pwede sigurong pang sound deadening yan ah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Rustproofing a Brand New Civic?