New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    All three sana.

What to buy, where to buy it and how to install it?

Tama po ba yung instructions?

http://www.ezwipers.com/wipers/Honda/CR-V/1998/change

What's the difference between blades and refills?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BRZWRX View Post
    All three blades sana.

What to buy, where to buy it and how to install it?
    you have three choices:
    1. replace the entire wiper blade (holder and rubber thingee). this is the second most expensive way, and the second most difficult way..
    detaching and attaching are initially difficult to the un-initiated,
    yes, there are drawings and directions, but..
    tell you what: ask the sales person to replace yours, and watch him. it's actually easier than what the directions say.
    and no decent sales person will ask for service fee, because it's so easy, once you know how!
    2. replace only the rubber thingee. they call these, refills. this is the cheapest way. but this is also the most difficult, especially to the mechanically un-inclined. but it does save significant amounts of money. this is what i do.
    3. bring to the casa ($$$!). this is the easiest and most expensive way. never! nunca for me!!

replacements are easily available at auto parts shops or in the malls. some salespersons are knowledgeable in that you only have to tell them your car model, and they will recite to you the wipers' sizes. but i prefer to measure the length of mine for reference. others will bring them to the store for comparison. and the range of price and quality is so vast, i get a headache just choosing from them.
    some models come in sets of two, others are sold by the piece. and remember! wiper blades may differ in size (length) in the same windshield! the right is not as long as the left. and the rear may be even shorter..
    now, this is what i do... when i replace my front windshield wipers, i install one of the wipers that i just removed, to the rear windshield. kuripot talaga...

btw, those instructions you refer to are essentially correct. and it's easy to do...if they are on your well-lighted work table and you are seated with a cup of coffee in your hand... but let's see you do them while positioned uncomfortably against your car, balancing your torso between falling onto the hood on your elbows and sliding off the car.. heh heh.

kidding aside, there are many things you can do for your car maintenance with a little elbow grease..
    good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 14th, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bosch...just replace the blades

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    palitan ng banana type wipers..

step 1 -- tangalin ang luma.. naka-clip lang yun,
    step 2 -- ikabit ang bago..

mostly cost 400 petot a pair !

ang mahirap hanapin eh yung 12 inch banana type na pang palit sa wiper sa likod.....