New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just wanted to ask why Honda cars only go under 2 PMS per year. I mean its not bad since less gastos, but out of curiosity why are Honda cars capable of being maintained only 2X a year in the CASA while other brands such as arch-rival Toyota goes for 4X a year??

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    probably a marketing gimmick that takes advantage of the better quality stuff honda puts out, thats my opinion . less trips to the casa and people think you've got a better built car, i suppose.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Or is Toyota just being a money-face?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it doesn't make too much sense to set service intervals by time. what's more important is the mileage of the car. so, if i drive my car 10,000 km in 3 months, that's about as much usage/abuse as someone who drives the same distance in a year (sort of, not completely - you still have to service a car that just sits there).

anyone who tells you it's purely a matter of time between service intervals is not telling you the whole story.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What kind of maintenance is it, the usual oil change or a full-blown tuneup? Our cars have oil changes every 5000 miles (3000 miles if we had a long-distance road trip) and a yearly tuneup/checkup which may or may not require parts replacement.

If we go by the manual of our 06 Sonata, our car should have 40k miles by now. In actuality, it only has 27k miles. So although we're behind the maintenance curve, we're not worried.

The manual has maintenance scheduled by mileage with signature blocks for me and the service center plus the car odometer reading at the time of maintenance.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 7th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's just recommended intervals if you don't reach the number of kilometers in the recommended oil change intervals. That's to ensure that your engine doesn't blow up if you've been idling for 20,000 hours in those months while only going a dozen kilometers or so.

Honda's intervals are longer because they use synthetic and their engines are designed for it. I think Toyota's new engines may be on the same intervals already.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Regarding Honda's frequency of maintenance?