New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Land Cruiser had brake problems and we took this one to my boss' private beach instead.

4wd is kinda delayed (waits for loss of traction before kicking in) so we got stuck.

Lowering tire pressures (15-20 psi) improved things a lot.

Still had fun And the CR-V really drives great on the road! Cabin also has tons of space and not tiring even on long trips.

I'd like to thank my female colleague for lending us her CR-V

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    it is real fun to drive 4wd, however if you are not experienced driving one you still can get stuck. if you are in a soft ground or slippy one, you have to accelerate very very very sloowwwww. if you do it abruptly you will be digging your ground.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Saya niyan Doc.

Never experienced such, hanggang minor off-roading lang ako.

Hehe. Kainggit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The perks of having a boss with his own private beach. hehehe. Beach driving is fun.

Recovering a stuck vehicle is fun also.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... reminds me of the little hill climb we did in the CR-V, when we drove it down to a dry river bed and had to drive up a sandy embankment at a steep 30 degree angle to get back up to the road. Sand flying by both side mirrors, family looking worriedly at me from the passenger seats, and me humming to myself amusedly as we went up.

Then the Starex that was convoyed with us backed up the same embankment, no sweat. LSD and turbocharged torque FTW.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Traction control on the newer CR-V helps keep wheelspin down. And you can turn it off when you need wheelspin (e.g. to allow the tires to 'dig' into the firmer ground underneath).

But low ground clearance and lots of plastic bits underneath means the CR-V is still more at home on the road than off it.

And this is what happened a year earlier:

Not yet on mud terrain tires and did not air down prior to venturing off pavement. Plus the locals are sifting the area and taking away the rocks and pebbles (they sell it to landscapers) making the ground very unstable. Still loads of fun.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Land Cruiser had brake problems and we took this one to my boss' private beach instead.

4wd is kinda delayed (waits for loss of traction before kicking in) so we got stuck.

Lowering tire pressures (15-20 psi) improved things a lot.

Still had fun And the CR-V really drives great on the road! Cabin also has tons of space and not tiring even on long trips.

I'd like to thank my female colleague for lending us her CR-V

Must've been real fun! Last December, we almost had the same scenario up there in Ballesteros Cagayan. (though mine is the Gen 1 MT).. FW kept on digging sand, RW sits idle, hence we backed down.. The following morning, I decided to try again, this time, while the FW in straight position start digging sand,, I did a full left turn--surprisingly (or coincidentally?) the rear wheels kicked in and I started to move forward.. (Well, fortunately its an open space.. If this could have been a narrow sandy path, doing a full turn to "cheat" the Front Wheels to have a spinning difference wont be an option.. Looking forward this summer vacation to do some experiments again..

Realtime 4wd fun (2007 CR-V)