New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mga sirs Radiator Coolant concern naman...

Para saan, anong purpose ng coolant?Kailan ka maaaring gumamit ng coolant? anong mga sasakyan ang mga pwedeng gumamit ng coolant?

mga do's and don't pag maglalagay ka ng coolant...
    mga pros and cons pag gumamit ka ng coolant...

salamat...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Para saan, anong purpose ng coolant?
    -> para hindi kalawangin ang radiator mo at para maiwasan ang overheating

Kailan ka maaaring gumamit ng coolant?
    -> as what i know, may coolant na yung mga sasakyan straight from the dealership

anong mga sasakyan ang mga pwedeng gumamit ng coolant?
    -> lahat ng mga sasakyan na may water cooled engine ang pwede gumamit ng coolant

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    more info from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coolant
    A coolant is a fluid which flows through a device to prevent its overheating, transferring the heat produced by the device to other devices that use or dissipate it. An ideal coolant has high thermal capacity, low viscosity, is low-cost, non-toxic, and chemically inert, neither causing nor promoting corrosion of the cooling system. Some applications also require the coolant to be an electrical insulator.
    While the term coolant is commonly used in automotive, residential and commercial temperature-control applications, in industrial processing, heat transfer fluid is one technical term more often used, in high temperature as well as low temperature manufacturing applications[1].
    The coolant can either keep its phase and stay liquid or gaseous, or can undergo a phase change, with the latent heat adding to the cooling efficiency. The latter, when used to achieve low temperatures, is more commonly known as refrigerant.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    you should use 50% coolant, 50% water... do not use pure coolant... as far as I know coolant is mainly an anti-freeze agent and it also prevents water from evaporating easily... and it also prevents corrosion... coolants comes in different types so you should ask your dealer what is the best type for your car... colors of coolant is just a dye indicator, so if your radiator/water reservoir fluid has a green/blue/pink color in it, it means you're already using a coolant on your cooling system... I don't know much about it but those are just my 2 cents for your query.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Its good if you use coolant to prevent your car engine from overheating .Prevent rust and corrosion from radiator .

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ideally iyong honda oem coolant ang dapat ilagay sa radiator mo since it's the safest bet & it's already premixed therefore saving you the hassle of making sure you've got a 50-50 mixture of the distilled water & the coolant in your car's aooling system.

as for me, i'm currently using the prestone premixed coolant because the nearest honda casa is a bit far from where i am at. and so far the prestone stuff is doing its job well naman

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post

Para saan, anong purpose ng coolant?Kailan ka maaaring gumamit ng coolant? anong mga sasakyan ang mga pwedeng gumamit ng coolant?

mga do's and don't pag maglalagay ka ng coolant...
    mga pros and cons pag gumamit ka ng coolant...

salamat...
    You have all the answer more than you want about car cooling system. Arent you glad you have found tsikot? That's what I called " let your fingers do the asking" and the help is just finger's away.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    You have all the answer more than you want about car cooling system. Arent you glad you have found tsikot? That's what I called " let your fingers do the asking" and the help is just finger's away.
    well said

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Its good if you use coolant to prevent your car engine from overheating .Prevent rust and corrosion from radiator .
    Well, coolant serves the purpose but also it introduce another problem to the radiator.

Ang term ko dun is, nagpuputik. Literally, nagkaron ng putik yung radiator dahil sa coolant..

Sa mga gumagamit ng coolant, wanna try kung meron putik yung radiator nyo o ang engine? Yung car ko kase, mahilig lagyan ng coolant. Pero maski me coolant, nag overheat pa din. Yun pala, clogged na ang radiator dahil maputik na sa loob.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by guevarajf View Post
    Well, coolant serves the purpose but also it introduce another problem to the radiator.

Ang term ko dun is, nagpuputik. Literally, nagkaron ng putik yung radiator dahil sa coolant..

Sa mga gumagamit ng coolant, wanna try kung meron putik yung radiator nyo o ang engine? Yung car ko kase, mahilig lagyan ng coolant. Pero maski me coolant, nag overheat pa din. Yun pala, clogged na ang radiator dahil maputik na sa loob.
    You sure it's the coolant? Either you've got crappy coolant or the radiator was previously filled with dirty/hard water at hindi na-drain.

We've got >10 year old cars na never nag overheat walang bara or leaks ang radiatior with 50:50 to 70:30 water:coolant mix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Radiator Coolant...