New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mga boss, i own a honda civic VTi 96 and the looks are going old, im planning of having it converted to an SIR kahit manlang sa itsura lang.

Anu po ba mga kailangan palitan para sa complete VTi to SIR appearance conversion and how much will it cost (kung pwede yung itemized)? TNX

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what I remember:

-mags (orig SiR)
    -tail-lights (red/white)
    -remove chrome trim around front/rear windows.
    -body color (SiR factory color: white, black, orange)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK diba the front headlamps hindi din pareho? The facelifted version had sleeker, more streamlined-looking headlights so you'd have to change the whole front fascia along with the fenders and bumper and then the trademark mesh-type SiR grille. And if you're interested, B16A engine na rin along with rear disc brakes para may performance to go with the improved look.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    you will need 99 model rear fenders, trunk hood, front hood, new headlights, bumpers front and rear, rear tail lights. ewan ko lang kung magagamit pa yung right left fenders pero parang pwede. plus SiR magz of course.

true SiRs also have rear disk brakes. you may want to convert yours na din.

all in all, mga 50-65K yan. puros surplus parts. di pa kasama repaint.

much easier and cheaper to just get a 99 model, convert the brakes, install a b16a engine. and you're done. be sure to get a white, red or black car because the SiR only came in those colors plus passion orange.

i hear malapit na lang difference ng 99 versus 96 models. like 30-50K na lang. you can trade in yours to save yourself the hassle. buy magz, tyres, and the DOHC stickers and SiR badge.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you can get away with a SiR look front grill and keep the orig headlights and front body panels.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    thanks sa mga info mga boss , so for the upgrade push thru mga papalitan:

1. headlights
    2. taillights
    3. front and rear bumpers
    4. mesh grill
    5. truck door
    6. mags
    7. paint
    8. rear diskbrakes and engine (for performance)

madami din pala , hehehe. kasya kaya 75k ko dyan ?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    You also need:

Front grille.- Sir specific.
    Trunk cover - to fit the tailights of the 99-00.
    "SIR" Badge on the trunk.
    Remove any chrome bits on the window sills.
    DOHC VTEC stickers for right and left rear passenger doors.
    Body colored door side protector rubber mouldings.

Also you don't have to copy the SIR exactly down to the last nut. As for the mags, you dont really have to find the original oem ones since you can find other better looking mags. Most of the SIR (the real ones) I see, don't have their stock wheels anymore.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by erebus_dynamics View Post
    thanks sa mga info mga boss , so for the upgrade push thru mga papalitan:

1. headlights
    2. taillights
    3. front and rear bumpers
    4. mesh grill
    5. truck door
    6. mags
    7. paint
    8. rear diskbrakes and engine (for performance)

madami din pala , hehehe. kasya kaya 75k ko dyan ?
    nope. full body washover pa lang 25K na. eh yung pambili pa ng body parts. labor pa ng latero.

b16 engine is 100K na wala pa kabit.

like i said, much easier to sell your 96 model, buy a used 99 with your 75k.

pag 99 model, magz at goma na lang. nasa iyo na yan kung gusto mo makina (150K total) at rear disk brakes (surplus plus kabit mga 20K). mags at goma nasa 25K lang yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mga sir, may mga contact po ba kayo sa banawe or anywhere na makukunan ng mga said parts para sa SiR look conversion?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ndi pa po ata clear kung pareho ang front fenders ng 96 body sa SIR body tsaka ung headlights pareho lng ba fitting? trip ko din po kasi mga projector headlights.

tinabi ko vti 96 ko sa lxi 99 SIR body ng friend ko, ewan ko lang po kung tama pero parang masmalapad ung grill ng SIR kaya palit din ng hood.

advise naman po. TNX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Questions: Civic VTi/LXi convert to Civic SiR (look) [MERGED THREADS]