New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I own a 99 civic, with 15" mags, ang tire ko is P185/65R15 (not sure if 65 or 55, I noticed that my inner front tires is worn out, tumatama sya dun sa kaha ba tawag dun, pag nakafull lock ka sumasayad sya, ano pa ba magandang gamitin na tires sa 15" na mags, sa tingin ko d naman nakalowered iyong springs ko e, pag lumiliko lang talaga ng todo, I really need to replace it mahirap na. thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wilnor View Post
    I own a 99 civic, with 15" mags, ang tire ko is P185/65R15 (not sure if 65 or 55, I noticed that my inner front tires is worn out, tumatama sya dun sa kaha ba tawag dun, pag nakafull lock ka sumasayad sya, ano pa ba magandang gamitin na tires sa 15" na mags, sa tingin ko d naman nakalowered iyong springs ko e, pag lumiliko lang talaga ng todo, I really need to replace it mahirap na. thanks

I think you should try the stock civic sir specifications....if I'm not mistaken it's 195x55x15....good luck and hth.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    65 are too big, try 195/45-50/15.

If you change your original wheel into 15" probably you bought with wrong offset. The more positive the offset, the further in the wheel into the inner fender. Yours actually have more (negative) inner fender clearance by having a wheel with a less positive number for offset. Again, check your tire first, if you think offset is not an issue, change your tire.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    65 are too big, try 195/45-50/15.

If you change your original wheel into 15" probably you bought with wrong offset. The more positive the offset, the further in the wheel into the inner fender. Yours actually have more (negative) inner fender clearance by having a wheel with a less positive number for offset. Again, check your tire first, if you think offset is not an issue, change your tire.
    say the problem is the offset? how much does it actually cost? if I put more positive offset is there any disadvantages? actually I just got this used car last week, and the agent told me that it has 17" attached to it, if he bought it with the 17" mags it will be more expensive, so I just bought used 15" mags, (I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna believe that guy agent kasi.hehe)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    san po ba pwede mgpacheck ng ganito? dun po ba sa mga ng a-align pwede po ba dun? thanks po again

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not the mags or offset, it's the tires... 185/65R15 is just way too much for the Civic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, this is an offset problem. are you using an aftermarket rim? hindi sya stock?

and yes, the max i think it can go is 185/60/15.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    san po ba pwede mgpacheck ng ganito? dun po ba sa mga ng a-align pwede po ba dun? thanks po again

It has everything to do with fitting wheels. You can ask the sale's person where you bought your wheel.

Offset is basically how far away the mounting surface is away from the center of the wheels width.

a high positive offset means the rim center and spokes are further to the outside of the car.

a high negative offset means the wheel is set further inside the car, giving a lip or "deep dish" look.

a "0" offset would have the same distance from the outside to the mounting surface (the inside of the wheel, where the studs go thru) and from there to the inside of the rim.

It has a lot to do with how the wheel looks and fits on your car. if the offset is too positive for your car, the tire will rub the strut or the inner part of the fender well. That is exactly what happened to you right now.

If the offset is too high for your car, the wheels will stick out too far and rub the edge of the fenders. It dont look good either. Parang Pato.

There's a ton of ways to make bigger, wider, negative offset wheels fit cars, seeing as how the desired look is normally to have the outer most part of the wheel at the edge of the widest part of the fender.

Negative camber, fender rolling, stretched tires, widebody parts, over-fenders, etc. all can help fit big wheels in small spaces but those are too much job to do.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    actually, this is an offset problem. are you using an aftermarket rim? hindi sya stock?

and yes, the max i think it can go is 185/60/15.
    stock sya ng civic, 15" ang mags pero I doubt it na para sa ganung model talga yun, galing ata yon sa 2001 model, not sure though.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Dalhin mo sa casa. Mas mahal pero mas sigurado. You can also bring it to SERVITEK, YOKOHAMA SERVICE CENTERS.

Most of the replies here are correct. 185/65/R15 is way too large for your car.

Also, check mo sa mags and size niya. Usually, naka embossed ang wheel size sa mags.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Problems with tires