New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i just got a civic last week.

in the show room, since bago yung tint hindi ko dapat buksan yung window, pero by accident i pushed the auto open. buti nalang. kasi when i close the window by auto close, the window closes but comes back down leaving about 4" opening. MY SA was also puzzled. we have to close the window manually.

anyone has the same problem?

thanks for advance reply

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not 100% sure but I think the new civic might be equipped with a sensor which prevents the window closing if it detects something is caught between the glass the the frame (like an arm). The window tint might have somehow triggered the sensor.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Your honda makes the window reverse direction when it comes in contact with an obstruction. The reasons is for safety purposes. Let say's kids, put thier head out of the window then someone accidentally close it... if there is an obtruction the sensor will automatically reverse the window to avoid anything that might happen. This safety has been around for more than 20 yrs now.

Or

Could it be also your built-in car security. Maybe you push your unlock botton for than 5 seconds and you trigger the window rolldown, most car have this feature. Let say, you park your car on a hot day if you dont leave an opening on the window, temperature on the inside is almost double. So before you go in..... unlock the car with your remote..... then press it again and hold, all the window will rolldown.

Now you know this feature on your car and hopefully this is what happen, if not....(?).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    On this Civic, the driver's side window is equipped with what's called an anti-pinch feature that detects obstructions. What happens is that, if the power window detects a resistance on its way up, it will automatically reverse and go down a few inches.

If somehow the feature is being activated without any obvious obstruction, it's very likely that the window channels have become a bit tight. This is usually the case when adding tint, as the tint will add a bit of layer to the glass, causing additional friction. The usual workaround here is to apply silicone spray along the channels to make it a bit more slippery, reducing false-positives for the anti-pinch feature.

Note also that this feature is only available if you use "AUTO" to close the window.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    got your FD na pala.. congrats! :clap:

sa akin naman pag ginamit ko yung "AUTO" close hindi nag leave ng 4".. completely closed talaga sya..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Best to get a second opinion from another casa warranty officer. Won't cost you anything. I already had a warranty claim on my power window (06 FD), casa re-oiled the motor - then it was working fine again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    warranty claim lang yan, maraming batch na nun '06 model na ganyan ang problema, re-grease lang yata gagawin ng casa.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Yup, I think that's what they're doing all of the time.... Same with my case with Honda on a different car model....

7606:mobile1:

problem with driver side power window sa new civic