New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i just bought a honda city 2 months ago and it happened to be an ondoy victim, now im having prob w/ the A/T, whenever i shift to drive and press the accelerator it takes 2 to 3 secs before you feel the engine revs, and that's the only time the car will move, especially when going uphill, anybody has an idea?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    How often does this happen? I own a honda city 2003 AT and sometimes the acceleration is not that quick since it only has a 1300cc displacement engine as compared to higher displacement engines. But I'm not sure with yours since its an ondoy victim. Why don't you have it checked at Honda to verify there is really a problem.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Try to replace first all spark plugs. Ang alam ko 8 ang spark plugs ng city. Pag di pa rin nag improve try to clean the throttle body. Pag hindi pa rin, probably and wag naman sana, this is another case of CVT failure. Good luck sa inyo mga pare.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

There is an inherent delay when starting from a full stop.... However, not that long....

10.5K:band:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

There is an inherent delay when starting from a full stop.... However, not that long....

10.5K:band:
    yup. this is normal. thats the start-stop clutch doing its thing. a worn up clutch usually show signs like vibration sa engine/car. i had extensive experience (problems) with honda's CVT. if i where you, sell the car ASAP

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It`s CVT.

Problems really occur in that transmission. It happened to suysuy's ^^ city.

So yeah, if you have the cash i`d take his advice and sell the car.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    tnx to all ur advices!!!

prob w/ my honda city 04 A/T