New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    gusto ko lang sana itanong ano pa magandang possible engine swap para sa EK 96 ferio/sedan.. since my ph16a is almost at its limit tas binaha pa haha..

anyway.. ang pinaka sikat eh d15,zc and b16 yan lang ba talaga pwede sa EK?

how bout yung k20a a2 a3/k24

or

yung F20 series

or

b20 and h22???

paki bigyan naman po ako ng idea, availability and price ng mga yan.. as of now may budget ako pang b16 kasya kaya yun or sobra? para sakin kasi OP ang b16 saka halos lahat ganon na.. para maiba naman..

oh yeah.. balak ko din po i-set up so hinde ako nag hahanap ng fuel economy engine..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pahiyaka View Post
    gusto ko lang sana itanong ano pa magandang possible engine swap para sa EK 96 ferio/sedan.. since my ph16a is almost at its limit tas binaha pa haha..

anyway.. ang pinaka sikat eh d15,zc and b16 yan lang ba talaga pwede sa EK?

how bout yung k20a a2 a3/k24

or

yung F20 series

or

b20 and h22???

paki bigyan naman po ako ng idea, availability and price ng mga yan.. as of now may budget ako pang b16 kasya kaya yun or sobra? para sakin kasi OP ang b16 saka halos lahat ganon na.. para maiba naman..

oh yeah.. balak ko din po i-set up so hinde ako nag hahanap ng fuel economy engine..
    F20? Perhaps if you have a ton of money and are a mechanical genius. Since it didn't come with a FWD transmission, you'll have to custom fit a FWD tranny to it, make completely custom engine mounts, figure out a way to wire in the ECU (the speed sensor will probably be your biggest pain) and figure out how to route hoses, intake, exhaust and wires for an engine not meant to be mounted sideways. (actually, come to think of it, you could just convert your Civic to rear-wheel drive... )

H22 is nice, but uncommon, K20 will fit, but wiring will be more difficult and the K20 is very expensive. The B16 is the best reasonably easy swap for your car, but expensive (alternatively, you can do a frankenstein B16/B20)...

The JDM D15B is a good alternative and the best bang for your buck. A well-tuned D15B in a light Civic is a great motor, with lots of pick-up and good acceleration... it's only slow once you're over 100 km/h, where absolute horsepower matters more... but you probably won't mind at all.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    go for B20Vtec. torque and power are awesome. I've test drive this frank engine yesterday, whole day and night. no boring moment, power is always present straight or uphill climb. monster talaga. you can visit www.b20vtec.com for additional info about this set up

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    F20? Perhaps if you have a ton of money and are a mechanical genius. Since it didn't come with a FWD transmission, you'll have to custom fit a FWD tranny to it, make completely custom engine mounts, figure out a way to wire in the ECU (the speed sensor will probably be your biggest pain) and figure out how to route hoses, intake, exhaust and wires for an engine not meant to be mounted sideways. (actually, come to think of it, you could just convert your Civic to rear-wheel drive... )

H22 is nice, but uncommon, K20 will fit, but wiring will be more difficult and the K20 is very expensive. The B16 is the best reasonably easy swap for your car, but expensive (alternatively, you can do a frankenstein B16/B20)...

The JDM D15B is a good alternative and the best bang for your buck. A well-tuned D15B in a light Civic is a great motor, with lots of pick-up and good acceleration... it's only slow once you're over 100 km/h, where absolute horsepower matters more... but you probably won't mind at all.
    tnx sir.. i guess bye F20 (RWD na EK hmmmmmmm HAHAH).. iniisip ko din d15 na turbo but then again I've been hearing na not for novice driver ang turbo kasi hirap i-control lalo na sa cornering.. I'm not really into drag racing so balak ko setup ko pang track or up/down hill..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    go for B20Vtec. torque and power are awesome. I've test drive this frank engine yesterday, whole day and night. no boring moment, power is always present straight or uphill climb. monster talaga. you can visit www.b20vtec.com for additional info about this set up
    tnx sir... wow i would really want to test drive a b20 civic.. hahah.. mukhang dito ako babagsak ahh.. kelangan ko din kasi ng lakas sa buong RPM powerband haha.. Time to research haha tnx again.. anyway sir do you have anyday sa availability and pricing ng B20vtec?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    tnx sir... wow i would really want to test drive a b20 civic.. hahah.. mukhang dito ako babagsak ahh.. kelangan ko din kasi ng lakas sa buong RPM powerband haha.. Time to research haha tnx again.. anyway sir do you have anyidea sa availability and pricing ng B20vtec?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Controlling a turbocharged car is no different from controlling a regular car, as long as the turbocharging is done properly.

It will only be hard to handle if it doesn't receive the corresponding upgrade in suspension, brakes and tires, and if the turbo is not matched properly and the tuning isn't done right... sometimes, in a cheap turbo set-up, people use a turbine that's too big... which means lots of lag... no power down low and a sudden ramp up of power at mid-to-high rpms that can be difficult to modulate.

If you want a car for track or autocross purposes, the D15B is a good choice.

The B20 frankenstein would be nice, but the cost would be around the price of a B16 swap (around 100,000 or so) with the addition of an overhaul charge and the cost of the B20 block. And you won't have to deal with the reliability issues of converting a long-stroke engine (the B20) into a high revving engine (B16/20)... long strokes are notoriously unreliable at high rpms, unless you build up their internals.

You could try a regular non-VTEC B20... gives you more torque and horsepower than a D15B (about 140+), while not costing nearly as much as a B16 or a frankenstein. If your car is a hatchback, this engine should make it quicker than an SiR.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How about a F20B from the accord sir perhaps?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How about a F20B from the accord sir perhaps?

F20B
    Accord/Troneo Sir and Sir-T (CF4) (JDM)197hp*7200/145tq*6600
    notes: (ported head and type-s cams(12.1, 11.2 lift), 2.0L block 11:1cr 85mm pistons

85mm bore
    88mm stroke
    145.5mm rods (f20b rod length = 145.425)
    1.65 r/s ratio
    55mm mains like h22a4 block
    rod journal has been offset ground on both sides to the size of a b-series rod journal.
    11.0:1cr
    smaller, b-series rod journals
    beefy rod, like a s2000
    23mm wrist pin

more here with similar set up http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1278946

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ar.../t-207316.html
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; September 14th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Controlling a turbocharged car is no different from controlling a regular car, as long as the turbocharging is done properly.

It will only be hard to handle if it doesn't receive the corresponding upgrade in suspension, brakes and tires, and if the turbo is not matched properly and the tuning isn't done right... sometimes, in a cheap turbo set-up, people use a turbine that's too big... which means lots of lag... no power down low and a sudden ramp up of power at mid-to-high rpms that can be difficult to modulate.

If you want a car for track or autocross purposes, the D15B is a good choice.

The B20 frankenstein would be nice, but the cost would be around the price of a B16 swap (around 100,000 or so) with the addition of an overhaul charge and the cost of the B20 block. And you won't have to deal with the reliability issues of converting a long-stroke engine (the B20) into a high revving engine (B16/20)... long strokes are notoriously unreliable at high rpms, unless you build up their internals.

You could try a regular non-VTEC B20... gives you more torque and horsepower than a D15B (about 140+), while not costing nearly as much as a B16 or a frankenstein. If your car is a hatchback, this engine should make it quicker than an SiR.
    thank you sir.. I heard unreliable nga daw yung sa high RPM's.. If mag force induction ako go talaga ako sa d15 with a small turbo para less lag at may balance na power sa buong rpm band. ive been thinking about superchargers para early boost pero parang mahirap hanapin dito sa pinas and i guess mahal yun... anyways.. thank you sir.. I hope I can get it right at first try..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Possible engine swap