New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi, guys. I just joined this forum and I'd appreciate if I could get some help. I have a CR-V 2000 and every morning before I leave for work, I always add water into my water reserve talk which is usually 75% depleted. The water level in my radiator seems to be okay. I also discovered that there seems to be a leak right on the left portion of the radiator cap.

My questions are:
    1) Should I have the radiator replaced and if so, any idea where I can get one at a reasonable price?
    2) If not replaced, what remedy is there for my radiator?
    3) Any other idea?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Replace the radiator cap to see if this will remedy the leak. You can buy an original at the casa, expensive but it assures you of better quality when compared to those sold at the hardware section of SM Dept. stores.

If the leak comes from the plastic part of the radiator, then you have the option of repairing it or replacing the entire radiator. But determine first if its just the radiator cap thats causing the leak.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    CASA na yan bro. my crv 99 underwent the same thing. nun una sa servitek ko pinagawa bumili ako ng replacement radiator sa banawe. wala hindi tumagal 2 yrs. lang ata

pinagawa ko sa CASA, lahat pinalitan caps, hoses, thermostat as in buong assembly na. umabot ng 40K bill ko. pero 2 yrs after, no problem parang brand new

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hello Dongs,

If your problem is only the depletion of the water reservoir, please note that it should be set to only half, not full. This is how it works. When your engine is hot, the pressure inside your radiator will build up also, filling the reservoir tank to full, you can see this when your part your car for the night.

The next morning you will see your reservoir 25% left, that is because when your engine cooled, it will also reverse the pressure, thereby sipping up the water in your reservoir, normally to half (not 75%) filling the radiator again.

My guess you have other leaks, such as you said in the cap. Just replace your cap with a new one rated form 0.9 to 1.1. Maybe, just maybe all would be fine.

Should it come that you have to replace your radiator, go to Car Power in pasay taft, they have OEM honda parts cheaper than the casa. I bought a radiator 2rows (barndnew)for my accord their last year for only 7k. In the casa its about 16K.

Another thing, always antiboil coolant in your honda radiator. Honda has always a bit higher operating temp.

Happy Honda Driving Bro.

Marvel67

Please help - My CR-V 2000 radiator