New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    hello.. is it wise to buy honda accord 96 model for 145k? i have lots of friends told me that maintenance of this car will cost me much. is it true?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Yes and the fuel consumption too

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mich_moncheri View Post
    hello.. is it wise to buy honda accord 96 model for 145k? i have lots of friends told me that maintenance of this car will cost me much. is it true?
    I have driven this kind of car before, handling and comfort is ok, parts are a bit high and fuel consumption is around 5 km to 6 km on a matic transmission, a manual could go 6 km to 7km.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Fuel consumption depends po sa driving style, I have the same model, manual, 1500 budget ko sa gas for 1 week, (petron XCS) from Eastwood to Lower bicutan Taguig, may mga side trips pa mga pulang ilaw sa cubao. hehe 1 thing napansin ko, saka lang sya "lumalagok" ng gas pag traffic, pero pag straight driving, efficient sya. about sa maintenance, I go for straight Honda parts, yes its a bit pricey pero yung quality naman can last years. IMO

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Fuel Consumption is only the main concern but this is absolutely a nice car. I had a 6th gen 2000 Honda Accord VTi-L and it drives really smooth and fast and It had me low cost of maintenance. I recommend Honda Accord if you are not concerned about fuel economy and only concerned with unmatched driving comfort. Fuel consumption is about 6-7km/l city driving with 2.2L engine while the 2.0L engine will only improve a little. 145k pricetag of your Honda Accord is reasonable enough. Don't worry about maintenance because you can easily buy surplus parts of 1992-1997 Honda Accord in banawe and other key areas where japanese surplus parts are available. Just be careful in buying because Honda Accords have faulty automatic transmissions.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    HI! I just wanted to ask I know this is a different model, but is this Honda Accord '96 model comparable with Honda City Exi 1997 or 1998? Planning to buy my first ever car

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoipee View Post
    HI! I just wanted to ask I know this is a different model, but is this Honda Accord '96 model comparable with Honda City Exi 1997 or 1998? Planning to buy my first ever car
    No, Accord is full size sedan, gas drinker and City is small sedan, very fuel efficient. But the price is comparable.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi,

Continuing this thread, about the 5th gen accord. Any other concerns about buying a 2nd hand of this? Yung auto transmission nya same din ba issue nya tulad sa 6th gen or 6th gen lang yon? Sa consumption 5th vs 6th gen? EXI po and top of the line, correct?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Hi,

Continuing this thread, about the 5th gen accord. Any other concerns about buying a 2nd hand of this? Yung auto transmission nya same din ba issue nya tulad sa 6th gen or 6th gen lang yon? Sa consumption 5th vs 6th gen? EXI po and top of the line, correct?
    If you can spend a bit, go for the younger vehicle. Halos same lang yung tranny ng 5th gen at 6th gen Accords (5MT or 4AT). Honda AT trannies of the late 90s era are prone to sliding. Wala rin difference in gas consumption between engines used in the 5th and 6th gen Accords.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you can spend a bit, go for the younger vehicle. Halos same lang yung tranny ng 5th gen at 6th gen Accords (5MT or 4AT). Honda AT trannies of the late 90s era are prone to sliding. Wala rin difference in gas consumption between engines used in the 5th and 6th gen Accords.
    Ah ok...A gusto ko talaga yung 6th gen. Sana magkaroon ng budget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please help - im planning to buy honda accord 96 model