New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    pls help me sir! im planning to buy a 2nd hand car this coming december.

i need your advice which one is better in terms of speed , reliabilty and comfortable? tnx...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm... ill take the 2000 vti on this. i havent tried the es vti for a long time but in terms of comfort, ill say its about the same.

for the reliability and speed, the ek makes better on this IMO. i really dont like the 3 stage vtec. much better pa din yung ph16 ng vti. sa reliability, still, the ek has the edge because of the suspension of the es. medyo weak for me yung es compared to the ek.

hth

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The EK would be easier to find parts for, being the older car. The ES is a bigger car on the inside, and more comfortable, overall. Both cars may have suspension issues by this time... the EK's ball-joints versus the ES's shocks... but nothing really major.

There are several recalls for the ES... including cam position sensor and tank strap... but I don't recall if they include that particular year-model.

But in general, the ES, as long as they're in similar condition, would be the better car. The EK would be more fun to drive, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'd go with Archie on this one...I own a 2000 civic vti and my brother has a 2001 Civic vti dimension body....basically the suspension of the ES (dimension body) is really a concern vs. the EK (sir Body) the latter is better designed than the former...in terms of speed and comfort just about the same performance....it really depends on what you want and taste...good luck.

Planning to buy 2002 vti OR 2000 vti? which one is better?