New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    pls help me sir! im planning to buy a 2nd hand car this coming december.

i need your advice which one is better in terms of speed , reliabilty and comfortable? tnx...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    depende po sir kung pang harabas po para sakin vti 2002

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    in buying a second hand car, you have to look at the mileage, maintenance records, and how the car was used.

I think knowing all these will help you decide which one is the better 2nd hand car to buy. This may be difficult to know if you are buying from a used car dealer so its always better to look from owners selling their cars (ex, owner leaving or upgrading to a newer model)

and in case your choice is down to a 2000 vti or 2002 vti, i would go for the 2002 model.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kiko1203 View Post
    in buying a second hand car, you have to look at the mileage, maintenance records, and how the car was used.

I think knowing all these will help you decide which one is the better 2nd hand car to buy. This may be difficult to know if you are buying from a used car dealer so its always better to look from owners selling their cars (ex, owner leaving or upgrading to a newer model)

and in case your choice is down to a 2000 vti or 2002 vti, i would go for the 2002 model.
    I'm curious why you recommend the 2002 VTI model sir. Cal you further ellaborate sir? I heard a lot of bad feedback regarding suspension of that particular model.

I am also in the same dillema whereas to buy 2000 Civic (whether VTI or SIR) or the 2002 Civic

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    2002 has an updated engine. suspension is on the hard side, though, parang mas maganda yung 1999-2000...

looks, well, both take aftermarket stuff very well. the 02 looks sportier in my opinion.

a very well looked after 99-00 model can still keep up with a 01-04 on the expressway.

it all boils down to shape and suspension. i have to say, mas matagtag yung 03 ko kesa sa 99 vti ko eh. plus the shape of the 01-04 models... kinda polarizing. some like it, some do not.

personally, i'd go for a very well kept 99 or 00. mas mura ng bahagya. it's a real driving enthusiast's car.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan_f View Post
    I'm curious why you recommend the 2002 VTI model sir. Cal you further ellaborate sir? I heard a lot of bad feedback regarding suspension of that particular model.

I am also in the same dillema whereas to buy 2000 Civic (whether VTI or SIR) or the 2002 Civic
    I liked the body of the 2002 better thanthe previous civic model. mas maganda pa sya tignan pag naka skirts na on all sides.

And as volts said, mas sportier. I agree.

With regard to suspension, okay naman ako. bouncy lang minsan pag di pantay ang semento or aspalto ng kalye on a high speed pero naka lowering spring ako ang 205/45/17 gulong so that's expected

But when choosing between 2nd hand cars, i will still take note of the three items I mentioned rather than the year model.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    may nakuha na kayo sir? ano napili niyo?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    go for 2000 sir. the 2002 es body has to many issues.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ano po ba pinagkaiba ng 1999 sa 2000 na civic?

Planning to buy 2002 vti OR 2000 vti? which one is better?