New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ^^ what do you mean? fake VTEC yun? hehe joke.

another nice place to ask around is hondatech, try registering there too, its a nice, friendly place for newbs like us ;)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    according to a respected guru from the other forum, the activation of the vtec mode is due to the combination of these criteria:

1. engine speed
    2. vehicle speed
    3. TPS
    4. engine coolant temp
    5. oil pressure

keep in mind though that each criterion should meet a certain spec also for the "brains" of the car to consider the vtec to kick-in.

so hindi lang sa rpm buma-base ang pag vtec ng auto niyo, sir.

that's how i understand his explanation anyway

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    paktay!!! nagkawindang windang n mga sir ang info ko sa vtec.
    been reading some of the threads.

Mine is a 96 civic vtec. PH16A and code n naka tatak sa engine
    kala ko vtec-e ito according to the other thread saying from 96 to 2000 ata if i remember it correctly, kahit n daw vtec lang ang nakalagay sa valve cover VTEc e parin un (may nakita kasi akong ang cover mismo ay VTEC-E anlinaw)

sabi naman nung isang thread la daw vtec-e dito sa pinas dahil europe lang release un at normal vtec lang nakalagay (anu ba ang normal vtec by the way???)

anu yung mga vtec types? may nakita pa akong 3 stage

to summarize for the sake naming mga naka 96 civic PH16A - anu ang VTEC n meron kmi ?

nga pla mga sir nilagyan ko n to ng VTEC light dahil nd ako mapakali (DYI lang) - umiilaw at ~3200rpm pero tama ung isang thread nd mo mararamdaman ang difference (so same question anung VTEC ito??? hahaha)........tama ulit ung isang nagsabi nd ito iilaw pag nakahinto kahit n ratratin mo ng paa mo ang gas pedal hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ^ pare i installed a vtec light na rin, haha madali lang pala, i had my girlfriend's father do it, kasi maalam yun sa electronics. tinap lang namin dun sa wire ng solenoid and nakakatuwa pag nailaw.

ramdam naman yung hatak pag nag vtec nu, hnd lang masyado rinig pag stock cguro. basta naririnig ko "nagagalit" ang engine once na mag 3,000~ RPM na. nagiiba ng engine tone. nakatry na ako kanina ng hindi vtec na honda, yung city na 97 model din ata yun, and ibang iba hatak niya compared sa vti, lalo na siguro sa SIR.

pero ano nga ba talaga, vtec-e o normal na vtec iyong engines na ph16a?

according kasi sa wikipedia nakita ko, one of the D engines (d16y5) is released here sa philippines, and its vtec-e. you can look it up. but anyways, vtec-e or normal vtec, theres a big difference i think versus non-vtec engines.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbloodlestat View Post
    sabi naman nung isang thread la daw vtec-e dito sa pinas dahil europe lang release un at normal vtec lang nakalagay (anu ba ang normal vtec by the way???)
    Normal vtec or simply VTEC is a system that, once activates, yields power (through wildcams and all that, just read around..)

anu yung mga vtec types? may nakita pa akong 3 stage
    VTEC
    Generally kicks in at mid to high rpm (4500 to 5500 rpm)
    Made for more power output
    realtime 16 valve operation

VTEC-E
    Active at low rpm (800 to ~3000 rpm)
    Made for fuel economy
    12 valve operation on economy mode (VTEC-E active)
    16 valve operation on normal mode (VTEC-E not active)

VTEC (3-stage)
    Implementation of VTEC and VTEC-E
    D15b lang, afaik, ang may ganito

i-VTEC
    Latest innovation of the VTEC technology

tama ung isang thread nd mo mararamdaman ang difference
    You won't feel the kick coz it's a SOHC, but at least you can hear a change in engine rpm tone...
    However, ramdam ito on DOHC vtec's like the b16a...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    so normal vtec pala tyong mga naka pha16a......

pero bakit kaya yung ibang thread ang sinasbi ay VTEC-E....
    anyway of confirming this?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    so normal vtec pala tyong mga naka pha16a......

pero bakit kaya yung ibang thread ang sinasbi ay VTEC-E....
    anyway of confirming this?
    install a vtec light..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    install a vtec light..
    I already installed it a couple of months ago...

vtec light is just to see if your vtec engages.... actually it just tells you that the 12v was supplied to the light but does not necessary mean that the solenoid really engages heheheh (observation lang.....to be sure is to take out the solenoid and activate it manually kung gumagana)

mahirap maramdaman ang difference sa '96 civic

just want to know really what vtec we have for the ph16A (civic '96 to '98 ata) hehehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Majority of the posts I read on other forums say the ph16a has VTEC-E.

I finally rode one recently and didn't feel any (even a bit) sudden ooompph when engine starts revving past 5000 rpm.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yup, couldn't feel the oomph neither. not sure if my friend should be stepping on the gas lighter or harder in order to feel this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
ph16a honda civic vtec