New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello Guys,

I have a friend who asked me this question. He just bought a 2003 odessy and this is a RHD car... he will have thse converted so he ask me what are the parts that is needed to be change or replaced. I post it here because maybe you guys will have something to add, that i missed:

This needed to convert RHD to LHD,

1) Of course steering, which include the wheel, rack and pinion and the rack ends and tie rod should it be that they are not symmetrical

2) Transfer the pedals, all cables

3) Adjust or change the side mirrors. RHD has more slanting right mirror

4) wipers, needed to change but not so critical

5) adjust or replace headlights... you noticed on a LHD, the beams of the light is from lower left to upper right, on a RHD car, it's formlower right to upper left...this tend to be glary to oncoming vehicle.

6) change coolant just to be sure. In a temperate country like japan, they use anti freeze on winter, and anti boil on summer...we only use antiboil.

7) if you can convert the light lever, and wiper lever, have it done, other wise when overtaking, and you signal light flashing, you have the wire on instead, je je je

8) guys what else

Please add if you have sugestions...

Happy honda motoring

OC plus Racing

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    wont the importer convert that for him na?

dashboard putol... mahirap yata maghanap ng surplus na dash ng ody (american spec LHD).

you seem to have things covered na. goodluck on the conversion. all i can suggest is the importer do the conversion na lang, tapos fix it up from there.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Another part that is need to rework is the air-conditioning system

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    make sure too na ang abs and airbags are fully working for safety na rin

parts needed to change from RHD to LHD