New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi guys... can anyone help me. I'm having overheating problems with my 98 LXI. Pag long driving, tumataas yung temp ko, pag derederetso yung takbo, then pag hihinto ako say like traffic, back to normal ang temp ko. what seems to be the problem? thanks....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Before checking or replacing some of your engine cooling parts, pa overhaul mo muna ang radiator mo. Same case happened to my 1997 Lxi.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, IMO parang pigil yung ikot ng coolant... try checking tubes or lines... baka nandun ang prob ng oto.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikloy View Post
    Hi guys... can anyone help me. I'm having overheating problems with my 98 LXI. Pag long driving, tumataas yung temp ko, pag derederetso yung takbo, then pag hihinto ako say like traffic, back to normal ang temp ko. what seems to be the problem? thanks....
    Try plushing your radiator and replace a new coolant or pump belt may be slipping and if you have electrical cooling fans make sure they both works.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if doing the suggestions on top of this reply don't work, then go and check your thermostat. that may be the culprit bro

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    if doing the suggestions on top of this reply don't work, then go and check your thermostat. that may be the culprit bro

+ 1 on this .. baka thermostat lang may prob ..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    same thing happened to me. palit ako ng radiator kasi hindi na makuha kahit pa overhaul ko pa yung lumang radiator ko. ngayon ok na..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    + 1 on this .. baka thermostat lang may prob ..
    I have the same problem before... nagpalit lang ako ng OEM thermostat. ok na temp ko

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    +1

Most likely thermostat yan. no amount of radiator overhaul or flushing would solve the problem if the thermostat is stuck, partially stuck or wont open. The Thermostat is like a water plug that regulates the flow of water coming from the radiator going into the engine. When working properly the thermostat will remain closed until it reaches a specified engine temp then it opens to let the water into the engine.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ilan row po radiator nyo? kung 1 row lang try nyo po palit ng 2rows un po ang nakakabit sa akin no probs po sa Overheat. and inalis na din ng mechanic ko ung thermostat para daw mas maganda flow ng water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Overheating problem Honda LXI