New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi guys,

i'm planning to buy a secondhand car this summer and my budget is between 350T- 400T. i narrowed down my choices into Honda vti-s (2001 or 2002 model) or Toyota altis 1.6j (at least 2001 model). although i like toyota altis in terms of fuel efficiency and low maintenance cost, my heart is telling to try the honda vti- s instead. paki- tulungan naman po ako kung alin sa dalawa ang dapat kong bilhin!!! maraming salamat!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi guys,

i'm planning to buy a secondhand car this summer and my budget is between 350T- 400T. my choices are Honda vti-s (2001 or 2002 model) or Toyota altis 1.6j (at least 2001 model). although i like toyota altis in terms of fuel efficiency and low maintenance cost, my heart is telling to try the honda vti- s instead. paki- tulungan naman po ako kung alin sa dalawa ang dapat kong bilhin!!! maraming salamat!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the vti-s is the top of the line model, while the J is the entry level model, so lamang na sa amenities yung civic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Follow your heart...

On paper I'd lean towards the VTi-S as it has a/t, ABS, and airbags; Fuel efficiency difference wouldnt be that much although the Altis will bring in better mileage.

Of course it will also boil down to the condition...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    better test drive both and follow your heart

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
    hi guys,

i'm planning to buy a secondhand car this summer and my budget is between 350T- 400T. my choices are Honda vti-s (2001 or 2002 model) or Toyota altis 1.6j (at least 2001 model). although i like toyota altis in terms of fuel efficiency and low maintenance cost, my heart is telling to try the honda vti- s instead. paki- tulungan naman po ako kung alin sa dalawa ang dapat kong bilhin!!! maraming salamat!
    hehehehe. a no brainer.... the vti-s is better than the altis j. for information, the altis-j is a basic car and is the lowest altis variant.

a much wiser choice would be the altis-g. pero again, imho. i really do not like the interior wood paneling ng altis-g.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, defintely the Civic VTi-S wins, hands down.

But as HG said, entry-level altis ang J. Actually kahit Altis 1.6E, di pa rin uubra sa VTi-S, in terms of interior aesthetics.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    you're right, guys. ABS and airbag is a major factor that the Altis J doesn't have. i guess i have to listen to my heart a little more!!! maraming salamat sa lahat ng nag- reply!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i like the rear suspension of the Civic. kaya lang yung ES body Civic parang naging Corolla AEs na ang pakiramdam ng front suspension na parang hollow... pero the double wishbone rear suspension is better than the Altis' rear Torsion Beam's...

VTi-S has airbags and ABS+EBD+BA (not sure if 4w disc though) but pedals are quite soggy. its available in both MT and AT. it has standard 15 inch rims shodded by a 185/55R15 Tires while the Altis J doesnt have airbags and abs. it also have a smaller 185/70R-14 tires.

early 1.6J's are available in MT and AT too.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i guess my heart was right all along!! thank you sa lahat ng nagreply! laking tulong ng explanation ninyo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
which one is better honda vti- s or toyota altis 1.6j?