New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Perceived an issue in cold regions, some consumers say the problem occurs even in warm weather states. ConsumerReports has heard from CR-V owners in Arizona, California, Delaware, Texas, and Nevada. And the NHTSA database includes accounts of this oil-gas mixture problem from CR-V owners in Kentucky, Oregon, Tennessee, and Virginia.
    Though we're in the tropics, it's best for CivicRS owners to take the proactive approach of checking oil levels regularly, frequently & reporting if issue is observed.
    Honda says it will begin rolling out an engine fix in the US this December for models with a faulty 1.5 Earth Dreams Turbo that can leak gasoline into the oil system. But the automaker will focus initially on just five northern states: Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

More here:
    Oil Dilution | Honda Problems
    Honda Delays CR-V Engine Fix but Details Rollout Plans - Consumer Reports

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Class Action Suit for the 1.5T Earth Dreams
    Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit | CarComplaints.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    damn they suck...

toyota is also using 0w16 on their tNGA vehicles.. corolla, camry and prius and chr but ive yet to hear fuel dilution.

mazda was able to hudle their fuel dilution issue.

honda

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    damn they suck...

toyota is also using 0w16 on their tNGA vehicles.. corolla, camry and prius and chr but ive yet to hear fuel dilution.

mazda was able to hudle their fuel dilution issue.

honda
    All for efficiency.[emoji20] Oil dilution is a major headache.
    Ignorance is bliss, if one doesn't plan to keep the affected car long term.[emoji45]

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Honda's Earth Dreams oil dilution problem has turned into a nightmare for a lot of owners.

Oil Dilution in Honda's 1.5L Engine - Honda Problems

"Until a new recall is agreed upon, Honda has issued a stop-sale on all new CR-Vs in China."

Never Buy a Honda With This Engine - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Honda's Earth Dreams oil dilution problem has turned into a nightmare for a lot of owners.

Oil Dilution in Honda's 1.5L Engine - Honda Problems

"Until a new recall is agreed upon, Honda has issued a stop-sale on all new CR-Vs in China."

Never Buy a Honda With This Engine - YouTube

Hi,

Is the 1.5 turbo for civic rs is also affected? Base on my research, only affected is the CRV model.

Thanks,

7. Join Date
    May 2006

8. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Sir, for Civic RS 2019 is the oil dilution has been address? I don’t see any post from user here his/her civic RS has oil dilution problem.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelo08 View Post
    Sir, for Civic RS 2019 is the oil dilution has been address? I don’t see any post from user here his/her civic RS has oil dilution problem.
    People normally check dipsticks to make sure oil level isn't low. Few might realize the signs of oil dilution....the oil level won't likely ever get low, OR...it's the opposite. The oil level increases.
    With dilution, oil lubricity is affected & its ability to reduce internal friction will be diminished. The consequence & damage would be similar to oil starvation... premature wear & eventual engine failure. Plus, north of normal oil levels will subject engine components & seals to higher pressures. The relative difference may be in the rate, magnitude of damage. Damage may likelier be gradual than abrupt. Like rheumatoid arthritis, signs & symptoms will have higher probability of showing outside than within warranty. Planned obsolescence again?[emoji848]
    The possible reasons of not hearing about dilution?
    - HondaPh isn't informing owners of the issue.
    -Owners don't check for raised oil levels but for oil consumption/starvation
    -The ECU won't pop a code nor CEL.
    -Owners aren't checking oil levels at all.
    -Owners dunno what oil dilution is....as long as car runs w/o any warning lights...Car's fine.
    -If an engine coincidentally has both oil burn & dilution at close to equal rates, the level may remain within constant normal range. In this case, 1 way to determine dilution is happening is by oil analysis.
    Or
    -The new engines have updated parts to address that....I hope it's not just a new diptsick w/ longer L-F measurement than the old.🤪

Owner ignorance here will be Honda's bliss?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    People normally check dipsticks to make sure oil level isn't low. Few might realize the signs of oil dilution....the oil level won't likely ever get low, OR...it's the opposite. The oil level increases.
    With dilution, oil lubricity is affected & its ability to reduce internal friction will be diminished. The consequence & damage would be similar to oil starvation... premature wear & eventual engine failure. Plus, north of normal oil levels will subject engine components & seals to higher pressures. The relative difference may be in the rate, magnitude of damage. Damage may likelier be gradual than abrupt. Like rheumatoid arthritis, signs & symptoms will have higher probability of showing outside than within warranty. Planned obsolescence again?[emoji848]
    The possible reasons of not hearing about dilution?
    - HondaPh isn't informing owners of the issue.
    -Owners either don't check for raised oil levels but for oil consumption/starvation
    -The ECU won't pop a code nor CEL.
    -Owners aren't checking oil levels at all.
    -Owners dunno what oil dilution is....as long as car runs w/o any warning lights...Car's fine.
    Or
    -The new engines have updated parts to address that....I hope it's not just a new diptsick w/ longer L-F measurement than the old.🤪

Owner ignorance here will be Honda's bliss?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Owners think it's a Honda and its a relatively new car. It shouldn't have problems right? RIGHT???????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Oil Dilution/Petrol Contamination Issue on 1.5Turbo Earth Dreams