New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I'm about to own a converted honda fit GD pre-mmc and this will be my first car. I'm just 18 years old and newbie when it comes to cars.I have questions so I can maintain my car properly.Please help me TIA

1.The switch of wiper and signals are "baliktad" the wiper's switch should be on the right side and the signals' switch should be on the left.What should I buy? and how much

2.Driver's side side mirror I couldn't adjust the side mirror anymore so I couldn't see clearly.Can this be fixed?or should I buy another side mirror?

3.The gas pedal and brake pedal are too close to each other.Can I adjust these pedals? also the alignment of the gas pedal is too deep.Can I also adjust the gas pedal so it would be aligned with the brake pedal?

4."Naninilaw" yung headlights, what to do?

Still have questions but decided not to ask it today Please help.Sorry for my grammar. Thank you! God bless

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Be careful in owning converted cars sir, especially on how they converted it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Dapat wag mo bilin mga converted. Mitsa ng buhay mo yan

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks sir It's been 2 years since my dad bought it and it seems na there's no problem naman

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I own one. I've been using it for 8 months now.

It's not really dangerous/unsafe to drive as long as you drive it carefully.

The handling of my fit is comparable with my dad's 2012 honda city.

Regarding your list. Those are also my concerns.

1. Switch- You just have to live with it. Masasanay ka din. Sa umpisa lang naman yun.

2. Side mirror- you can correct the driver side with proper adjustment but the passenger side you can't. That's why I bought those blind spot safety mirror. It's helpful during the day but during the night you have to be careful moving to the right. Most of the time I ask my wife to assist me.

3. Gas Pedal- I have no issue with mine so I can't help you with this.

4. Yellowing of headlights- I suggest you just buy a new set of headlights.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamg5 View Post
    I own one. I've been using it for 8 months now.

It's not really dangerous/unsafe to drive as long as you drive it carefully.

The handling of my fit is comparable with my dad's 2012 honda city.

Regarding your list. Those are also my concerns.

1. Switch- You just have to live with it. Masasanay ka din. Sa umpisa lang naman yun.

2. Side mirror- you can correct the driver side with proper adjustment but the passenger side you can't. That's why I bought those blind spot safety mirror. It's helpful during the day but during the night you have to be careful moving to the right. Most of the time I ask my wife to assist me.

3. Gas Pedal- I have no issue with mine so I can't help you with this.

4. Yellowing of headlights- I suggest you just buy a new set of headlights.

HTH
    Thank you sir! siguro nga alam ko kasi mahal ang switch nun and sa driver side side mirror hindi na talaga ma adjust Maraming salamat ulit sir

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    I'm about to own a converted honda fit GD pre-mmc and this will be my first car. I'm just 18 years old and newbie when it comes to cars.I have questions so I can maintain my car properly.Please help me TIA

1.The switch of wiper and signals are "baliktad" the wiper's switch should be on the right side and the signals' switch should be on the left.What should I buy? and how much

2.Driver's side side mirror I couldn't adjust the side mirror anymore so I couldn't see clearly.Can this be fixed?or should I buy another side mirror?

3.The gas pedal and brake pedal are too close to each other.Can I adjust these pedals? also the alignment of the gas pedal is too deep.Can I also adjust the gas pedal so it would be aligned with the brake pedal?

Still have questions but decided not to ask it today Please help.Sorry for my grammar. Thank you! God bless

Basta maganda conversion you ok naman siguro yan, Sanayan lang sa wiper at turn signals.

Sa Naninilaw na headlights, you can use headlight restoration kit and a rotary tool. Some people, I read, have been successful with a toothpaste hehe..

Sa pedal naman kung magkalapit, without looking sa situation ng pedals mo, you can cut off the pedals and weld some metal that would allow you to adjust where you want them to be,

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yojstamaria View Post
    Basta maganda conversion you ok naman siguro yan, Sanayan lang sa wiper at turn signals.

Sa Naninilaw na headlights, you can use headlight restoration kit and a rotary tool. Some people, I read, have been successful with a toothpaste hehe..

Sa pedal naman kung magkalapit, without looking sa situation ng pedals mo, you can cut off the pedals and weld some metal that would allow you to adjust where you want them to be,
    yup sir ililiha lang daw katapat
    thanks sir!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011

-There are local versions of Jazz GD, i think you could purchase surplus local stalk assembly and replacing your current one.

-Panong hindi na maadjust? diba power side mirror nadin yan? or if you're talking about dun sa anggulo ng mismong casing (if there is such),again, you could purchase local 2nd hand side mirrors, salpak lang yan, okei na yan.

-No idea, i own a local Jazz GD, post pictures here of your pedals, so we could compare with the local ones.

-there are lots and lots of youtube videos para ma-solve ito, pili ka nalang ng isa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post

-Panong hindi na maadjust? diba power side mirror nadin yan? or if you're talking about dun sa anggulo ng mismong casing (if there is such),again, you could purchase local 2nd hand side mirrors, salpak lang yan, okei na yan.

Converted kasi kaya pati yung side mirror pangRHD. Yeah power side mirror kaso limited lang ang angulo. palit lang talaga ng local mirror ang sagot to be safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast