New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Superken: meron ako alam paano kita makokontak? Honda civic1997 vti automatic. 47k lang mileage 10 years lang nasa garahe. 150k price nya. Issue: bumubula ang radiator ayaw na ipagawa ng may ari nasa abroad kasi. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boots2008 View Post
    Superken: meron ako alam paano kita makokontak? Honda civic1997 vti automatic. 47k lang mileage 10 years lang nasa garahe. 150k price nya. Issue: bumubula ang radiator ayaw na ipagawa ng may ari nasa abroad kasi. Thanks.
    Hi Boots, you can reach me at 09189652265. Btw, anung color and location? Thanks

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    [QUOTE=superken;2296342]Hi Boots, you can reach me at 09189652265. Btw, anung color and location? Thank you so much :-)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    *Tigra parehas tayo nag hahanap rin ako ng 1st car ko.
    pa subscribe muna ako dito sa thread mo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hi! Sorry i'm lost. Haha. Newbie. Where can i write forums? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    gandang umaga po... bakit po hnd ako mka pag start ng new thread? kagaya ako ni TS.
    looking for honda civic rin ako budget 150k. tia

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sure man, pero nakakita ako isang thread para talaga sa mga humihingi ng tips para sa new/1st car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My daily drive is a 6th gen (98-02) Accord 2.3L VTi-L AT. Aside from the low FC (6 km/L average city driving), there is nothing to dislike about the car. It is way better than a City or Civic (Honda will not price it higher if it perfoms less than its smaller sedans much like the Mazda6 against the Mazda3). You get a more comfortable ride, very responsive steering and brakes, solid suspension, fast and zippy on the road, plus ample torque on low rpm compared to the smaller Honda sedans. FC was a bit better (7 km/L) on stock 15" wheels but it dropped when I put on bigger, wider 17" wheels. The wider tires did improve traction and grip. 6th gen Accords come in VTi (2.0L) and VTi-L (2.3L) models. Both models come in AT and MT tranny but 2.3L MT is quite uncommon. The earlier 5th gen Accords (94-97) don't have a VTEC engine but the later ones (96-97) already had the 2.2L VTEC on them.

Another pain point on the Accord (and all midsize cars) is the higher LTO registration cost (much worse for midsize cars dated 1997-2000). In terms of common parts, they can easily be sourced out from your usual Honda-friendly auto parts supplier. Fluids are the same as with any Honda car, except it uses more engine oil due to its bigger engine. Unless the car has a broken tranny or engine, older Accords are easy to maintain as they are more mechanical like the Civic EK (96-00). The newer (7th gen onwards) Accords use more electronics but still retain the performance and feel expected of it.

If going with an Exalta, try to get the youngest model you can find. The older B14 Exalta (99-00) shares parts with all B14 Sentras (95-00) while the newer N16 Exalta Grandeur (2001-2003) shares parts with the newer Sentra (GX, GSX, GS). My old N16 Exalta Grandeur AT averages about 8 km/L on city driving conditions but requires 95RON fuel. It is a comfortable car though, much like a smaller Cefiro.
    Hi Egan,

Thanks for all the info re: civics and accords! Anyway, I just acquired a 2000 Exalta a/t. So far I'm happy with it. Maybe I can ask you some questions like mga talyer you usually go to or is your car pure casa maintained?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigra View Post
    Hi Egan,

Thanks for all the info re: civics and accords! Anyway, I just acquired a 2000 Exalta a/t. So far I'm happy with it. Maybe I can ask you some questions like mga talyer you usually go to or is your car pure casa maintained?
    I source my parts needs from trusted auto supplies stores while I have a trusted mechanic to do the maintenance needs or fixes. I only go to the casa for some parts that are a bit hard to find, mostly sensors.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hi Guys!

I need help buying second hand car. Any suggestions na swak sa 100k below? Anong brand and model ng car ang swak sa budget ko? First car ko pa lang po ito. I know you can help me guys. Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast