New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    greetings pipol, this is my first post. i just had my honda civic 95 esi, vtec d15 engine. i really need a crash course or any insights about the car. can you pls give me ideas on how to maintain the car, strengths and weaknesses, fc, what part of the car should i keenly monitor, and any other insights regarding the car...
    i would really appreciate all of your opinions... thanks...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Your car is your baby. Basic maintenance is your best bet like oil change and filter, air filter, tire pressure, tranny fluid level, power steering fluid level, coolant level, and so much more. By doing this will avoid you costly repair.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    just watch out for that possible roof rust. iyan talaga ang sakit ng mga eg. kaya it's best if you park it underneath a roof everynight para 'di mahamogan ang baby mo

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nakakaapekto po ba talaga ang init sa labas sa aircon ng kotse?(senxa na po, super noob talaga ako). kasi ung esi ko po, mejo onti lang ung lamig ng aircon, pati ndi ko po maxado ramdam pag 1 lang. pero functional naman po talaga ung aircon kasi may hangin na lumalabas pati malamig pa din. ndi nga lang ung super cool. anu po kaya advice nyo for that?
    thanks po...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I had an Esi before. di talaga malamig. even if i replaced the cooling coil with a replacement one, di pa rin kaya ang sobrang init. i suggest you swap your cooling coil with with a JDM surplus. it has more rows compared to the local version. may conversion lang daw sa pipings.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    you have a honda civic EG with a swapped d15 vtec engine? or a non vtec ph15 engine? magkaiba yun. the latter came in standard in all Esi's...

good car, and if the orig engine's been replaced with a d15 surplus, well, even better.

all hondas are known for reliability. if you take care of your eg, she'll take care of you. konting kuliglig lng na marinig/ramdam mo somewhere, either sa engine or sa pang-ilalim, pa check mo agad para hinde mag multiply problema.

your EG has a nice dashboard. it's the best i've seen in any honda i've owned.

usual maintenance stuff. use a lighter oil than 20w-50. and always change the oil at 5-6000T kms. sparkplugs too. if you do have a d15, have the valve tappet clearances adjusted every now and then.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    you have a honda civic EG with a swapped d15 vtec engine? or a non vtec ph15 engine? magkaiba yun. the latter came in standard in all Esi's...

good car, and if the orig engine's been replaced with a d15 surplus, well, even better.

all hondas are known for reliability. if you take care of your eg, she'll take care of you. konting kuliglig lng na marinig/ramdam mo somewhere, either sa engine or sa pang-ilalim, pa check mo agad para hinde mag multiply problema.

your EG has a nice dashboard. it's the best i've seen in any honda i've owned.

usual maintenance stuff. use a lighter oil than 20w-50. and always change the oil at 5-6000T kms. sparkplugs too. if you do have a d15, have the valve tappet clearances adjusted every now and then.
    Im sorry but, isnt it 20w-50 are too much for that small car if I can recall this is for turbo engine since they are more hotter than non turbo. Im using 5w-20 for my 2005 honda accord VTEC V6 which is very light oil.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    just like what bro non-vtec says, if you're not satisfied w/ your car's aircon, you can have your oem evaporator replaced w/ a jdm evap. that way, you may just be able to freeze your fingers off whenever you drive

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks po ng madami sa mga nagpost. xenxa na po, ngaun lang ako ulit nakapagon line. anyway, anung brand po ba ng oil ang magandang gamitin? anung brand din po ng clutch and brake fluid?thanks po ng madami...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    sir volts, question lang po... isnt the ph15 the local version of d15a?
    sa pagkakaalam ko, the d15b lang ang upgrade na may vtec. yung d15a is the same as the ph15. eto po yung sabi sakin before, if upgrading to d15, e walang kwenta coz really walang diff yung 2 engine its just the d is used in other countries. yung d15b daw ang vtec and has the 3 kinds (performance, 3 stage, and economy)

tama po ba yung info ko? please do tell me kung ano talaga coz im confused na on what's what... hehehe thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
new owner of honda esi 92. pls help...