New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i am just wondering what my car problem is. My car temp goes high when I replaced my thermo switch but when I make my fan always on then I have no problem(rekta). I just replaced my thermostat with a new one. replaced my fan motor, overhauled my radiator. any other parts?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by milesaldrich View Post
    i am just wondering what my car problem is. My car temp goes high when I replaced my thermo switch but when I make my fan always on then I have no problem(rekta). I just replaced my thermostat with a new one. replaced my fan motor, overhauled my radiator. any other parts?
    you did the best possible solutions, yet it is proving that is not the issue. now, you have to look into is your radiator cap. does it have oil residue or does it smell like oil? if it does, you have a blown headgasket. you have to remedy that immediately, otherwise it will cause you more issues. how about your reservoir? palagi bang puno? if yes, then it ***might** be a blown head gasket as well. it means that the pressure is too much in the radiator, it is not allowing the water to go back for into your radiator.

you must also check your radiator for leaks, and the water pump. worse case scenario, you have to replace your head gasket. it will be costly - and if not done correctly, it will be more.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Did you checked the fuses and relay sir?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    is the new thermo switch working and of the correct rating for your engine? it may be faulty and not automatically turning on the fans when it should.

with your A/C off, run your engine at fast idle for about 5 minutes then observe for a couple of minutes more and see if the fan automatically turns on and off.

if it doesn't then your thermo switch doesn't work.

did you also bleed/burp your cooling system? could be air bubbles.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks for your replies mga sir. To give you more info regarding my problem. I experienced hightemp before so with my reservoir hitting the topmost level with water - of the reservior bottle but when i replaced my thermostat then that solves the problem. Until now I am using my car everyday and to long drive but the thing is nakarekta fun ko. with this, i am not experiencing any problem with the car. no water loosing inside my radiator and so with my reservoir. No sign of HG I guess like oil in my radiator issues. No white and black smoke so far. The only problem is my fan na rekta and Im sure my radiator motor is not designed to work like that. So I decided to buy a new thermoswitch but it doesnt work. umaangat tempko. huhuhu pls help

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    How about your thermostat valve?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks for your replies mga sir. To give you more info regarding my problem. I experienced hightemp before so with my reservoir hitting the topmost level with water - of the reservior bottle but when i replaced my thermostat then that solves the problem. Until now I am using my car everyday and to long drive but the thing is nakarekta fun ko. with this, i am not experiencing any problem with the car. no water loosing inside my radiator and so with my reservoir. No sign of HG I guess like oil in my radiator issues. No white and black smoke so far. The only problem is my fan na rekta and Im sure my radiator motor is not designed to work like that. So I decided to buy a new thermoswitch but it doesnt work. umaangat tempko. huhuhu pls help
    So does it turn automatically on and off?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    radiator fan ko naka rekta din. so far so good.2 years na.gumagana pa din naman, malakas pa ikot ng fan.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    again thanks for the replies guys. yes I already burp my radiator. when i activate my thermoswitch, as if there is nothing wrong, my fan will shut off and switch on as the normal way.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i went to servitek yesterday and they used a testerlike gadget to test if my radiator fan switch on on the right engine temp and accordng to the mechanic, my fan works fine, so with my cooling system. he told me that the problem is in my aircon. the cause of my overheating is in the aircon he added. what do you think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
new overheating scenario