New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi! Tanong ko lang kung kelan ulit maglalabas ang Honda ng SIR sa Pilipinas? I have a SIR 99 Passion Orange all stock sa Pilipinas at kung bibili lang ako ng bagong sasakyan gusto ko SIR ulit. Anybody knows when?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you wanted something like the SiR, you missed your chance... Honda isn't selling the Civic 2.0S MT anymore. That car was faaaast.

The current 1.8 doesn't quite have the high rpm fireworks of the SiR, but it's decently quick.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    There might be no more brand new SiRs to be sold by Honda in the future, but I bet there will be new and different Civic variants to replace them.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yung 2nd generation SiR para sa akin ay yung ES na 2.0 eh... hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    yung 2nd generation SiR para sa akin ay yung ES na 2.0 eh... hehehe
    It was too slow, and the suspension really wasn't sporty so much as wallowy. The FD 2.0 is better, but again, the MT version only came out for a year, here.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Don't count on it.

Honda is following Toyota's lead - in the wake of the recession, it's decided to cut down on sports cars and focus its energies instead on efficient cars and hybrids.

Evidence of this is the following.
    - No replacement for the S2000 after its 9-year production run.
    - The cancellation of the V10-powered NSX successor at the last minute - again due to the recession
    - The only "sports cars" in its website are the FD2 Civic Type R and the FN2 Civic Type R EURO, and even if they were sold here I doubt there'll be many takers as they're expensive

It'll be a while before Honda turns sporty again.
    Last edited by Type 100; February 19th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Last sporty honda that was released locally was the 2.0S-L Honda Civic FD in racing blue color. :drool:
    I don't consider the current 2.0S' as sporty anymore since Honda isn't offering it in Manual Transmission like what it was used to be. :sad:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ Last sporty honda that was released locally was the 2.0S-L Honda Civic FD in racing blue color. :drool:
    I don't consider the current 2.0S' as sporty anymore since Honda isn't offering it in Manual Transmission like what it was used to be. :sad:
    Yeah the blue was the distinctive color for the FD2 M/T Civic here.

It was also offered in other colors however. One of my HCP friends has it in carbon bronze metallic - I think it was on special order

A crying shame it's no longer sold here. Pinoys have gotten LAZY!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    limited edition yung Carbon Bronze 2.0S M/T 20 units lang ata ginawang ganun.

2.0S - M/T
    2.0S-L - A/T with Paddle Shift

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pero nakakapanghinayang na, binalik ng honda ulit ang CBM sa color lineup nila. Mas lalong nadagdagan yung numbers of CBM owners.

Leaving the Racing Blue FD owners reaallyy exclusive.

I hope Honda leaves it that way. :bwahaha:

New Honda Civic SIR?