New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga paps,

I am considering the CRV for my new car. My concern is kung soft ride sya but can handle mga lubak...i mean yung parang pajero ba ang suspension nito or close man lng? basta comfort ride plus capabilities for uneven roads dito sa philippines......

fuel consumption?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    diesel engine po ba ito?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't know about the ride comfort 100% but since the CR-V is base on a Civic then my educated guess is ride should be pretty good for a mini-SUV. Fuel consumption has improved from the 2nd gen CR-V but its still not its bright spot. My neighbor has one and he says he gets around 6-7km/L on a 2.0L 4X2 A/T.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No its not a diesel, Honda does not have diesel in the Philippines... And they are not know for their diesels but they are very known for their high revving VTEC gas engines

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ah okay. Im considering yung 4x2 na manual e...ano kaya fuel consumption nito...since i-vtec i believe is build for fuel efficiency.......

mahal na unleaded e...kung hindi sya fuel efficient, mukang not a good idea....

more inputs pls....

ride comfort on lubak? anyone has experience?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Your best bet is to test drive one, since others' responses about being too soft or too stiff can be very subjective.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by downshifter View Post
    fuel consumption?
    If you are really concerned about fuel consumption, you shouldn't consider SUVs at all unless you really need the extra cargo space.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yep i need seating capacity for my family...kaya ask ako fuel consumption ng CRV at full load......

Di ba 5-seater pa rin ang CRV?

Some unsolicited advise lang... why not consider the likes of Kia Carens? It's 7-seater, so with the 3rd row folded down, it'll have a bigger cargo space than the CRV, while still being able to seat 5 persons. It's CRDI, meaning FC is about 10-13 kms/liter (double of the CRV). And it's diesel, so fuel is significantly cheaper. And with the powerful 2.0 CRDI engine of the Carens, I'm sure it can keep up, if not leave behind the CRV, in highway driving.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    +1 but the problem is its NOT HONDA BWAHAHA!!!.

ill pick the kia carens in a heart beat, but i where you get the hyundai sta-fe diesel.

honda CRV are overrated, my sister owns one and everytime i drive it feels so boring!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NEW CRV Capabilities