New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    im not sure if this has been discussed here before, medyo tagal akong di nagbasa ng forums dito eh. pero i read in car & driver and in another carmag pa that the new 197hp civic Si is confirmed to come out also in sedan trim here in the US.

so siguro malaki chance na lumabas din sa pinas ang bagong Si like the last SiR kasi may sedan version? watchatink.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe, though there's already a 155-hp 2.0-liter Civic here with a manual trans. a new SiR would do wonders for the image of the 8th gen civic here like the last SiR did for the 6th gen. although the price could well be in the 1.1 - 1.2 M range.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    if that happens. well, expect to see more of the 8th gen Civic. it would sell like a hotcakes. its definitely hot!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by G3NIU5
    pero i read in car & driver and in another carmag pa that the new 197hp civic Si is confirmed to come out also in sedan trim here in the US.

so siguro malaki chance na lumabas din sa pinas ang bagong Si like the last SiR kasi may sedan version? watchatink.
    A concept version of the Civic Si sedan was shown recently...

Of course, this is another USDM model...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sana nga mag push through eto...tapos kahit USDM naman ang dalhin nilang version for the Si sedan/SiR na yan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sana lumabas yung said na 197hp.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No official word. Don't hold your breath. Considering the cost of the engine, the LSD, bodykit and other extras, it would cost 1.5m at least.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm skeptical about how this car would look. imo, the new civic si/sir body was designed, and looks the best as, a coupe.

i think it would look weird and kinda forced with 4 doors.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    coupe almost always looks better than its sedan counterpart. but the current Si sedan is not as boxy as the last SiR and has swooping curves which can make an SiR sedan appealing too. of course, honda will put on some minor kits and better wheels to make it look good and to differentiate it from the rest of the other trims.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hmm, this Civic, I like...

new civic Si sedan