New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi members! I'm thinking of having my D15b engine "port and shave" and later on i'll have a racing camgear? is it a nice thing to do? Thank you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by allan442 View Post
    Hi members! I'm thinking of having my D15b engine "port and shave" and later on i'll have a racing camgear? is it a nice thing to do? Thank you
    No such thing as "nice thing do to" when you are modding for performance.

Best to have your modification path planned out in advance so your mods now will not be wasted by mods in the future.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, nothing is free. if you want performance, you can have it in exchange for engine longevity.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are you willing to spend enough money to swap a B16A into your car to achieve the performance you want? If not, don't bother. It's much easier to swap in a Japanese D15B VTEC for extra power than to build up a local D15B.

A "port and polish" is one of the last items on the budget, and has the least effect on power... at least until you've fully built the engine. Best to have it done at a place that can flowbench the head and decide how much more flow you need.

A fully built local D15B (non-VTEC) will make quite a bit of top-end power, but it still won't be anywhere near as powerful as a B16A or a 2 liter engine with simple mods.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Niky! Mine is already D15b VTEC japan. thanks for your input.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah. Then if you're committed, go ahead. Just remember, once you've done all the simple things, every hp after will cost you much more.

Cams, camgears and P06 first. Then port and polish if you're not satisfied. The PnP has to be matched to whatever cams you get and your overall power gains and targets.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Do the IHE, racing camshafts and adjustable camgears before PnP. Then re-chip or piggyback the P08 ECU.

:devil:

Despite the SOHC layout, that is one rev-happy engine you can redline to almost 8000 on slight proper mods.

Then, if you want more evil, add high compression pistons and raise the compression.
    :evil:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Guys thanks for your inputs. however i just want to know if after getting all these performance enhancements would it change my fuel consumption and if "yes" do you have any idea what's it gonna be?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys thanks for your inputs. however i just want to know if after getting all these performance enhancements would it change my fuel consumption and if "yes" do you have any idea what's it gonna be?
    If you have to ask about fuel consumption, you don't want racing cams. Seriously. Expect a drop of around 1-2 km/l in city driving... much more if you go hog wild with cylinder head mods and over-port it.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    usually, more hp = lesser fuel economy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need your opinions