New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi guys! I have been an avid reader of this forum and I definitely learned a lot from all of you.

I would like to ask for your help. I am planning to buy my first car and I have to decided to get a second hand unit (since it's my first car). My budget is around 350k. Setting aside 30k for repairs, i have a measely 320k for acquiring the vehicle.

The car would be used mostly for city driving and as such, I prefer an A/T. I know how to drive a stick but the traffice here in the metro is unbearable. Most of the time I am alone, but the maximum passengers that would ride with me if ever is four, mostly on occasional weekend trips.

I am leaning towards the 2002 Honda City Type Z since it's a basic car (and way below my budget). However, I can see medium sized sedans like the 2003 Lancer MX CVT and Sentra GX pegging around the 320k price range. I am having a hard time deciding so I would like to ask for your opinions.

FC? Maintenance costs? I have a lot of concerns. Is getting the Lancer or the Sentra really worth the price difference over the City? Any other better options / car models out there for me?

Thanks in advance and more power to all of you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    dude, i suggest you get a honda civic 99 or 2000 model (Sir body). it cost around 250-270k lang. then set aside the remaining for repairs and pang customize.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydwena View Post
    dude, i suggest you get a honda civic 99 or 2000 model (Sir body). it cost around 250-270k lang. then set aside the remaining for repairs and pang customize.
    Thanks for the reply sir. I also looked up for that car model. But my concern is that the maintenance costs of older models would be higher than of the latter ones (plus the consideration that i want an A/T). Or is the discrepancy not that much?

Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    consider a vios than a type z city.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    consider a vios than a type z city.
    Thanks sir. But the lowest priced Vios A/T that i can find is above the 400k range. Unfortunately way out of my budget, hehe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi. Why not try to look for an altis or honda city? Model? 2003?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    consider also the 2005 chevy optra. my friend got it for 330k, a/t..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cain27 View Post
    Thanks for the reply sir. I also looked up for that car model. But my concern is that the maintenance costs of older models would be higher than of the latter ones (plus the consideration that i want an A/T). Or is the discrepancy not that much?

Thanks again!
    elo. ganyan din sa akin. 99 honda civic vti na automatic. swerte lang ako at super kinis at stock ang nakuha ko. siguro mga 3months ako naghanap ng oks na auto. maintenance-wise, depende kasi sa kundisyon yan sir e. kung maayus mo pa nabili, edi baka wala o konti na lang papa ayus mo. goodluck. i suggest na magtinggin tinggin ka sa mga ads at dito sa tsikot.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cain27 View Post

Thanks again!
    elo. ganyan din sa akin. 99 honda civic vti na automatic. swerte lang ako at super kinis at stock ang nakuha ko. siguro mga 3months ako naghanap ng oks na auto. maintenance-wise, depende kasi sa kundisyon yan sir e. kung maayus mo pa nabili, edi baka wala o konti na lang papa ayus mo. goodluck. i suggest na magtinggin tinggin ka sa mga ads at dito sa tsikot.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For that budget, I suggest the Honda Civic 99 to 2000 Vti, or Honda Civic Lxi 2001 to 2002.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need Help! 2nd hand car worth 320k