New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Good afternoon,

Pahelp naman po, I am planning to buy a second hand Honda Civic FD.

Here are my options:

Honda Civic 1.8S M/T (2007-2009 > before MMC?, yung hindi pa naka octagon taillights)
    Honda Civic 1.8S A/T or M/T (2009 - naka octagon taillights na)
    Honda Civic 2.0S M/T (2006-2008)

I plan on installing performance parts after 1 year

Here are my questions po:
    1. Ano po yung suggested selling price dapat ng mga models na nakalista?
    2. Any issues regarding sa Honda Civic FD?
    3. Yung performance ng 1.8S at 2.0S ba ay significant? I currently drive an Toyota Fortuner 2.7VVT-i, going from 0-100 is fast, and can go easily up to 185++kph but my wallet is :badday: dahil umiinom ng gas
    3. at toyota, every 5K km ang maintenance, but in honda, dapat 10k km or 6 months and maintenance, my question is, kung kayo papipiliin, ano mas ok pagdating sa maintenance intervals? is it ok ba na sundin yung sa honda na 10k km, say, every 9 months ako nakaka 10k km?

please enlighten me.. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello sana i am not too late to give my comments.

The civic FD is a very good car and fuel efficient. It gives great response due to VTEC :-) I listed the price below based on my experience but mileage is really the factor sometimes for the price. I suggest get the S since for me value for money hindi malayo ang price ng V and S variant sa second hand.

Issues hmmm medyo marami but the previous owner should have resolved it if Casa maintained but watch out for these factors since they are noted to be the common warranty claims or flaws of Honda civic FD

Power steering pump and leaks- Hoses of the 06-09 models are notorious for leaking and pumps failing. this is due to the hose were not designed for the climate. Yun ang press release but for me Thailand rubber parts are terrible.

Wheel Bearing- Although not a big issue unless nabaha but they are costly to replace each costs 5k up and you have 4 of them. You would know if it is bad if there is a humming or grinding noise while cruising 60-80kph

Auto tensioner- The 06 models came out with the belt drive routed differently from the ones that came out in 09. The old routing caused stress on the auto tensioner. If it has been corrected you won't have a problem. Tensioner costs 7k up sa casa and replacement will not do. Try searching TEAM FD about the topic since sobrang malaking issue ito before. It caused some FD to stall since the tensioner failed. CASA should have corrected the problem by default during PMS what they did to mine before since meron memo about this.

The notorious engine support- The engine support usually fails every 30k kilometers. original costs 8k but replacement TOki brand will do mga 1.5 k lang. Madali lang ito maintain pero frequent and cheap due to replacement parts that works well.

Maintenance

Honda civic maintenance is realtively easy as long as you know what to look out for. But if you are not an engine savy person and opt for Casa it is usually every 6 months. The Casa follows whichever comes first basis meaning, kung auto mo tinakbo 30k mileage but it falls under 5 years of age they will follow 5 year maintenance which is slightly heavy maintenance work etc...

In general Honda parts are more expensive compared to toyota and you have narrow options in opting for replacement parts since maselan ang honda sa parts.

Not only sa parts pati sa fluids e.g. coolant, PSF and ATF etc...

Reccomendations

When scouting for your FD try to ask the things I mentioned if replaced if all is ok then I would reccomend to get that car. Try to check also if the fluids are correct especially for the 2 below

PSF- It should be clear golden yellow not RED. Pag RED it is ATF and ATF does not go well for Honda PS system
    Coolant- It should be BLUE since that is the original coolant. Pag Green it is also ok since Casa may have replaced it na.

Overall I really love my FD regardless of the flaws. there is no perfect car in reality. It gives good mileage good driving comfort and porma points.

Quote Originally Posted by striker2413 View Post
    Good afternoon,

Pahelp naman po, I am planning to buy a second hand Honda Civic FD.

Here are my options:

Honda Civic 1.8S M/T (2007-2009 > before MMC?, yung hindi pa naka octagon taillights) 450k depends on the Milage
    Honda Civic 1.8S A/T or M/T (2009 - naka octagon taillights na) 520k up
    Honda Civic 2.0S M/T (2006-2008) not sure since it is slightly rare who sells second hand

I plan on installing performance parts after 1 year

Here are my questions po:
    1. Ano po yung suggested selling price dapat ng mga models na nakalista?
    2. Any issues regarding sa Honda Civic FD?
    3. Yung performance ng 1.8S at 2.0S ba ay significant? I currently drive an Toyota Fortuner 2.7VVT-i, going from 0-100 is fast, and can go easily up to 185++kph but my wallet is :badday: dahil umiinom ng gas
    3. at toyota, every 5K km ang maintenance, but in honda, dapat 10k km or 6 months and maintenance, my question is, kung kayo papipiliin, ano mas ok pagdating sa maintenance intervals? is it ok ba na sundin yung sa honda na 10k km, say, every 9 months ako nakaka 10k km?

please enlighten me.. thanks!