New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    My City '09 I acquired Dec 2009 was checked-in to CASA for repair, it got involved in a car accident.

More than a month na di nasimulan repair. I just got a call from one of their representative that there's a car part they are waiting to come from Japan. The part will be delivered a month from now, only then they will start to repair the car.

I don't totally believe the said reason. I read somewhere that Honda City units are assembled here in the Philippines, so any part should be available.

I need advise on how to handle the case. I desperately need the car two weeks from now. Need help please..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by insydejob View Post
    My City '09 I acquired Dec 2009 was checked-in to CASA for repair, it got involved in a car accident.

More than a month na di nasimulan repair. I just got a call from one of their representative that there's a car part they are waiting to come from Japan. The part will be delivered a month from now, only then they will start to repair the car.

I don't totally believe the said reason. I read somewhere that Honda City units are assembled here in the Philippines, so any part should be available.

I need advise on how to handle the case. I desperately need the car two weeks from now. Need help please..
    Verify from the other dealers if they have the parts that you need,
    and if they do send the car to them for repair.

I would feel that they are lying to me, and I will send the car to another repair facility.
    Last edited by mark_t; March 24th, 2010 at 01:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005

You're screwed. Unless they get the part in the next day or so, forget about getting it back in two weeks esp. with Holy week next week.

Based on my own recent experience with CASA repair, waiting for parts is always the main reason for the delay in repairing cars.

Here's my suggestion:

1. Visit the CASA and talk to the GM and discuss your repair situation. This will light a fire in the service department to move. Remind the GM how big your repair is (mine was 600k+ all insurance covered). I'm sure he would want to collect on that payment asap.
    2. Ask for an inventory of which parts are being ordered, when it was ordered and which parts have arrived and which are currently awaiting shipment. Talk to the parts manager with the person in charge of your repair and discuss the options and schedules.
    3. On the list of parts waiting, do their job and call other dealerships and ask if they have the parts in stock. Call the big ones first who will most likely have inventory. Dealers don't do this automatically and will only work with certain partners etc.
    4. Ask them to start dismantling the car to make sure all parts needed have been accounted for. Most of the time, they will wait for all parts to come in, start doing the repair and then find out other parts are needed thus being in stuck in this waiting for parts loop!
    5. Do visita iglesia next week (probably by commuting on public transpo) and pray.

Mine has been a 4 month repair saga and hopefully its about to finish today.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ano ba raw (mga) piyesa ang hinihintay pa nila?...

9505:spam:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    My advise is follow up! follow up! and follow up!

I agree with Shadrach, you need to talk to the one in charge or the GM to let them know how you feel and how urgent or badly you need the car. In most cases, the GMs are customer oriented and would let things happen. Unrealized income din sa kanila iyun and storage expense din sa kanila habang andyan kotse mo.

Nangyari na sa amin ito before when nagkaproblema kami sa Salesman kasi hassle kausap regarding repairs. We went directly to the GM thru a letter explaining our situation and how badly we were treated. We likewise copied all of the senior managers - VP, President in the letter.

So, how did we know who to copy? Tumawag lang kami and asked kung sino-sino ang mga boss nila. Ayun, action kaagad siya and we got the 200 thousand worth of repairs needed in a very timely manner.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Another case na naman ng pagka-iresponsable ng CASA, na sila lang ang maCASAgot sa kanilang alibi.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Same problem with my ride, a lancer, which is involved in an accident last January and LOA was released in February so the problem with this Mitsubishi Casa, was ordering of my side mirror for almost two months na. They told me that the part will arrive in 3-4 weeks but everytime I call them, they told me that the part didn't arrive yet....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hello Guys,

I think in the Philippines, the CASA is only for those who dot know cars and don't mind spending a lot of money. Most of the CASA customers are filthy rich people who have quite a number of cars, and who wont mind having one of their cars live in the CASA for more than half a year, and then pay three to four time its cost outside the casa.

No offense Guys, I have been around the car repair industry and I found out that that is really the case. Most the the good mechanics actually leave the CASA and put up their own shops. What was left of the mechanics are those who are not technically inclined, and don't have the guts or the feel to fix cars.

For Example: How long does a Honda CASA fix a malfunctioning horn? This involves take out the airbag... ANSWER: 3 days!!! my golly! I can take out the steering airbag myself in ten minutes! i just need a torx wrench,
    and a screw driver, follow the sequence and its done. A honda CASA will take 3 days to do that. How about the other complicated problems? You do the math guys.

My suggestion look for reliable shop. DO your own research. Understand automotive general knowledge and learn along the way. Otherwise...do as the filthy rich do...enjoy being ripped off by the CASA.

Good night Guys...

OC plus Racing

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The problem is, the car is still brandnew. Therefore, it's insured and needed to be maintained by casa due to warranty issues.

If not for warranty's sake, I'll go to our reliable shop/mechanic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi All,

I know what I need to do now. Most of your advises are similar. I will go straight to the CASA on Monday and do these tips and advises.

Will keep you posted.

My greatest gratitude to all of you guys!

tsikot.com rocks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need advise. Car in CASA for rapair. One month na, di pa na-nasimulan