New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hello Tsikoters,

I will be changing my oil soon... my car is casa maintained but as I've read on one of the threads here about Honda Cars Manila I decided not to bring my car to that place again due to the bad reviews and I also spoke to my former agent there, he mentioned all the veteran and good crew in that place already left and all was left are the noobs and doesn't really care if your car get fixed or not. To make things short I usually say okay to the service adviser on what ever he recommends which I think is the best so I'm not sure which brand of oil or spark plugs is the best for my car. I want to go to somewhere else to get my car done.

Anyways about my question, I was planning to get Bosch Platinum + 4 for my spark plugs... is that okay for me to use? My car is a Honda Civic VTi (SiR Body). Also can anyone tell me which oil is okay to use. Someone told me about Wurth Oil.. Thanks in advance for all your opinions!

And also, any advise for the oil filter? what brand is the best?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir, you may search "engine oil" here... done that before & found it worth reading for.. also, you may try to visit & register * www.hondaclub.com.ph... ;)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    regular spark plugs are good enough.

any full synthetic is better.

a good branded oil filter is ok.

look into your owner's manual to see what is recommended for your car.

unless you have a heavily modified engine, you have to put special stuff for your car.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
    sir, you may search "engine oil" here... done that before & found it worth reading for.. also, you may try to visit & register * www.hondaclub.com.ph... ;)
    I completely forgot about this site. Although I tried to revisit the site and tried posting a new thread.. still not allowed... I'll just to try to back read on some of the topics... Thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    regular spark plugs are good enough.

any full synthetic is better.

a good branded oil filter is ok.

look into your owner's manual to see what is recommended for your car.

unless you have a heavily modified engine, you have to put special stuff for your car.
    Casa always use bosch for sparkplugs I just want to try the bosch platinum + 4 since some of my friends already tried using it and said it was good, however they have toyota cars. Maybe some of you guys might be using this for their car... I want to know if this is okay for civic EK. If not then I'll just get the bosch platinum and not the one with +4. Thanks a lot!!!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nogz View Post
    Casa always use bosch for sparkplugs I just want to try the bosch platinum + 4 since some of my friends already tried using it and said it was good, however they have toyota cars. Maybe some of you guys might be using this for their car... I want to know if this is okay for civic EK. If not then I'll just get the bosch platinum and not the one with +4. Thanks a lot!!!
    try ngk platinum, its better than bosch +4 according to my experience, and its a lot cheaper. i've tried bosch +4 and ngk platinum, ngk exceeded the bosch +4, how did i know? cause i compared the burn residues of my ngk platinum and bosch +4, and according to the sparkplug story thread, there were less carbon composite on the ngk plug, on my experience, i guess ngk is burning fuel better than bosch +4. however, this is based on my observations. my car is an altis 04.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    try ngk platinum, its better than bosch +4 according to my experience, and its a lot cheaper. i've tried bosch +4 and ngk platinum, ngk exceeded the bosch +4, how did i know? cause i compared the burn residues of my ngk platinum and bosch +4, and according to the sparkplug story thread, there were less carbon composite on the ngk plug, on my experience, i guess ngk is burning fuel better than bosch +4. however, this is based on my observations. my car is an altis 04.
    Actually the only brand I know is bosch since I don't normally shop for parts as I've mentioned above.. I let the casa do their thing on that part, I only pay for their service so really I'm clueless about these details...

I was looking at some reviews about NGK and it's quite impressive! They also mentioned about DENSO as an okay plugs... now I'm confused... I also saw a review saying Bosch is better than NGK... I guess this will all depend on the users taste...

So which is good for a civic? Bosch platinum? NGK Platinum? or Denso? Will it be a waste of money for me if I would get the Bosch Platinum + 4? HELP! :help!:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Actually the only brand I know is bosch since I don't normally shop for parts as I've mentioned above.. I let the casa do their thing on that part, I only pay for their service so really I'm clueless about these details...

I was looking at some reviews about NGK and it's quite impressive! They also mentioned about DENSO as an okay plugs... now I'm confused... I also saw a review saying Bosch is better than NGK... I guess this will all depend on the users taste...

So which is good for a civic? Bosch platinum? NGK Platinum? or Denso? Will it be a waste of money for me if I would get the Bosch Platinum + 4? HELP! :help!:
    yes its a waste of money! it would not be so much special than a regular single electrode plugs because the spark/electricity goes only on one of those 4 electrodes randomly on every click. like on regular spark plugs gets po?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yes its a waste of money! it would not be so much special than a regular single electrode plugs because the spark/electricity goes only on one of those 4 electrodes randomly on every click. like on regular spark plugs gets po?
    yes sir... sa bagay... I guess I'll go with either NGK platinum or Bosch Platinum... research pa ko sa NGK ngayon ko lang kasi narinig ung brand... medyo noob talaga ko sa mga yan... pero so far naiinlove na ko sa NGK hehe!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    yes sir... sa bagay... I guess I'll go with either NGK platinum or Bosch Platinum... research pa ko sa NGK ngayon ko lang kasi narinig ung brand... medyo noob talaga ko sa mga yan... pero so far naiinlove na ko sa NGK hehe!

Sir,

gamit ko pong sparkplug is denso...(ordinary sparkplug)
    no problem sya...

pag dating naman sa oil..
    any brand basta pasok sa specs ng sasakyan na gamit
    it's better to use synthetic oil than ordinary..

pasok kasi ang synthetic oil dito sa pinas because of temperature..
    ordinary oil is used in hotter area..

bsta tumakbo lang ang sasakyan at walang sira..
    no problem :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need advice for Oil and Spark Plugs