New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Good day guys,

A friend of mine will actually sell his CR-V and another car to replace it with a new one. Of course, as a friend, the price he offered me was half that the average market price. I'm thinking of getting it for my sister since she wants an a/t. But, I need feedbacks from you because we never had a Honda at home and as what we know of, Honda's spare parts are expensive. Can you tell me whether this is a good buy or not?

Car description:

1999 Honda CRV A/t
    odo: 60-70+++ Km
    all stock
    fuel efficiency: He doesn't know but its not efficient
    Very few body damage

What I have observed:

Driver side power window not working
    front right (passenger side) shock absorber "clags" on pot holes
    Weird airplane like sound when brakes are applied (when car is decelerating only)
    No proper car maintenance and no service records

Will this cost me a lot when I fix it, talier is fine for me. If ever, it will be my sister's first car...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tercyu View Post
    Good day guys,

A friend of mine will actually sell his CR-V and another car to replace it with a new one. Of course, as a friend, the price he offered me was half that the average market price. I'm thinking of getting it for my sister since she wants an a/t. But, I need feedbacks from you because we never had a Honda at home and as what we know of, Honda's spare parts are expensive. Can you tell me whether this is a good buy or not?

Car description:

1999 Honda CRV A/t
    odo: 60-70+++ Km
    all stock
    fuel efficiency: He doesn't know but its not efficient
    Very few body damage

What I have observed:

Driver side power window not working
    front right (passenger side) shock absorber "clags" on pot holes
    Weird airplane like sound when brakes are applied (when car is decelerating only)
    No proper car maintenance and no service records

Will this cost me a lot when I fix it, talier is fine for me. If ever, it will be my sister's first car...

How much is your friends selling it to you? From the repairs my estimate would cost you 10k to 15k, the power window is minimal, the costly one would be the suspension and the brakes. You said the body has damages...are we talking dents or scratches?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    double post

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on how much you are buying it...but based sa mga na post mong repairs na dapat gawin minimal lang yan, and btw, myth po na mahal ang parts ng Honda...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It depends on how much your friend is selling it to you. If you think it's cheap......then get it, but just be ready to spend a lot of money to keep the CRV. GOOD AS NEW

Need advice: 99 Honda CR-V 1st Gen