The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf
    hmmm... it does ressemble the element... from the front... which to me isn't that bad at all IMHO...
    Raf,

Dont take this badly but, to me, the Element is one paradigm for bad taste. I am aware of the generational disparity and I agree with the eye of the beholder philosophy, but I just can't see how one would ever agree with it's design.

Interestingly, there seems to be a substantial demand for cars of this kind in Japan. Most carmakers there appear to have their own entry for this particular market. There seems to be a trend there towards cars that look more fun and 'cute', rather than purposeful and proper.

I can accept the looks of some off-beat vehicles like the M-B G500 and the Humvee. At least, the G500 has the classic looks of the pre-automobile era "carruaje"; and the Humvee is functional. But the Element looks like it was conceived by a kid who draws cars with boxes and circles. The direction of this design trend is just all too new for me; and also unnecessary.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that is ONE FUGLY truck!!!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbfolls
    Raf,

Dont take this badly but, to me, the Element is one paradigm for bad taste...
    none taken... to each his own, as they say... it's not my top choice anyway... I just admire it...

what I like about it was the way the 4 doors all swing out in such a way that you dont have a column in between and can load things in pretty easily... the seat configurations... the amount of space available for different loadings... 4x4 capability... the plastic panels around the lower body (I'd rather have scratches on these plastics than on a glossy painted panel)... but I know I'll never be able to get one (sigh)...

back to the topic... there are also some familiar lines on this honda pickup with the mitsu SUT concept but still very distinct...

Last edited by RafRaf; December 20th, 2004 at 11:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    to my eyes, the element isreally nice.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ...what I like about it was the way the 4 doors all swing out in such a way that you dont have a column in between and can load things in pretty easily... the seat configurations... the amount of space available for different loadings... 4x4 capability... the plastic panels around the lower body (I'd rather have scratches on these plastics than on a glossy painted panel)...

A minivan's sliding door's are more efficient. Plus you can have them with power assist.

The Element's 4x4 capability is rather useless with its lower ride height. A minivan's fwd, engine-over-the-driving-wheels setup can be just as good for urban duty, so other than the styling, I dont really see any other selling point to this car.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    to my eyes, the element isreally nice.

What do you like so much about it?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally i want to say this.... yeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!! it doen't look like a pickup. parang ganyan yung mga sasakyan na ina-assemble sa amin sa cavite (not joking!!!) they should have gone with a brusko type muscle pickup design than that one na parang abnormal yung likod (parang kinulang sa bakal kaya pinagkasya na lang kung anong meron).

just me :-)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbfolls
    What do you like so much about it?
    well as eye candy ok na ok. but then the features won't be of much use to what its supposed to.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    well as eye candy ok na ok. but then the features won't be of much use to what its supposed to.
    Well, you better be ready to spit it out, cause, check out what the guy above you said.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
[Merged:] HONDA RIDGELINE: Honda's 1st Pickup Truck