New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    May naputulan nb ng timing belt sa inyo na hindi na kelangan ng top overhaul?
    thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes Sir ako po twice na naputulan pero never pa nag-overhaul, basta palit lang ng original na timing belt wla magiging problema.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On a non-interference type engine, you can survive a snapped timing belt without having to open up the engine afterwards.

Around here we already snapped the TB on a Mitsu 4d56 and 4g63 .

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ako din, naputulan ng timing belt.. bale nagpalit lng kami ng timing belt pati na rin yung mga rocker arm na nasira hindi na inoverhaul makina ko. until now ok pa rin.. my engine 4d56

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    On a non-interference type engine, you can survive a snapped timing belt without having to open up the engine afterwards.

Around here we already snapped the TB on a Mitsu 4d56 and 4g63 .
    Otep,

I'm sorry but can you please elaborate more on "non-interference type engine"?

Thanks in advance...

Nawa'y patnubayan tayo ng MAYKAPAL sa ating paglalakbay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not so good at explaining this concept. Maybe this can help:

Timing belts are typically inaccessible and difficult to inspect. Replacement at specific intervals is recommended by the manufacturer. The manufacturer may also recommend the replacement of other parts, such as the water pump, when the timing belt is replaced because the additional cost to replace the water pump is negligible compared to the cost of accessing the timing belt. Failure of the timing belt will leave the engine non-functioning. Depending on the design of the engine, the piston and valve paths may "interfere" with one another and incorrect timing in their movements may result in the piston and valves colliding. (Such designs are also called "interference head" or "interference engines". Conversely, non-interfering engines are called "free-wheeling" or "non-interference" engines.)

In interference designs, regular service is especially important as incorrect timing may result in the pistons and valves colliding and causing extensive engine damage and therefore costly repairs. The piston will likely bend the valves or if a piece of valve or piston is broken off within the cylinder, the broken piece will cause severe damage within the cylinder, often also affecting the crankshaft. In some newer engines, timing belts are designed to last the effective life of the engine. When a timing belt is replaced, care must be taken to ensure that the valve and piston movements are correctly synchronized. The usual failure mode of a timing belt is stripped teeth (which leaves a smooth section of belt where the drive cog will slip) rather than an outright snapping of the belt, which is very uncommon. Correct belt tension is critical - too loose and the belt will whip, too tight and it will whine and put excess strain on the bearings of the cogs. In either case belt life will be dramatically shortened. All engines feature an adjustable tensioning roller to allow correct adjustment of belt tension.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coca-cola View Post
    May naputulan nb ng timing belt sa inyo na hindi na kelangan ng top overhaul?
    thanks
    ayon sa aking kaalaman, pag naputlan ka ng belt tapos kailangan nyang i-overhaul, malamang may tumukod sa piston....maiiwasan ito kung hindi nyo na pipilitin i-stat oto nyo kung bigla nlng itong namatay para iwaas tukod... heheheh

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Basta pag naputulan ka ng belt wag attempt to start doon masisira kasi malakas ang wear pag nag start ang engine pero pag umaandar tapos naputulan ka ok lang wla masama effect just change it every 80k ang inspect water pump kasi magkatabi un

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    happened to me b4. thank god for d15!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    habang tumatakbo ang sikot mo at biglang na putol timing belt di ba mamamatay ang makina paano mo malalaman na timing belt ang problema at hindi mo na kailangan i attemp restart ang engine. kasi [pag namatayan ka ng makina ang tendency ng driver is to restart the engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
May naputulan nb ng timing belt sa inyo na....