New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12493768

Honda recalls 700,000 cars over engine worry
    17 February 2011 Last updated at 11:24 GMT

Honda is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles around Asia and North America after it found a defective spring that could cause engines to stall.

Some of the carmaker's Fit, Freed and City compact car models are affected - though no accidents have been reported.

At least 72 complaints had been filed in Honda's home country of Japan, with 29 elsewhere the firm said.

The spring had been placed incorrectly in a small box inside the engine, a spokesman added.

The recall includes 167,000 vehicles in Japan, 156,000 in China, and 233,000 in the rest of Asia, Honda said. About 122,000 cars were being recalled in North America it added.

Two months ago Honda recalled 1.35 million Fit cars over a headlight defect.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew,- that is worrisome.....

Wala pa bang announcement ang Honda Phil?....

12.3K:outcold:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    haha baka kagaya din sila ng Toyota.. for sure pag nag tanong ka sa kanila dedma lang mga yan.. at kunwari hindi alam...

wala pa naman daw na disgrasya eh so ok lang..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Most of the ones in Asia that are being recalled are from India and the ASEAN....

Isn't it the ASEAN City is being assembled here in the Philippines?

Last edited by CVT; February 18th, 2011 at 08:12 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *CVT

The local City made is only sold for local consumption, Honda PH does not export. Ganun din Toyota and Mitsubishi their local production is only for local consumption... Ford lang nag e-export sa ibang bansa that is locally made...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Thanks for the information Bro.tidus1203.....

Still, we are awaiting what Honda Philippines has to announce about this issue..... Walang update sa website nila as of last night.....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The last time the Jazz had a recall they just said we are not included... More likely, same response... Dito sa Pilipinas kailangan may mangyari muna bago aksyon... Magastos kasi ang recall tapos wala naman nangyayari!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Yup, I remember that.

OT: It was our old Jazz then.... And, I understand another one just recently.

Pero, they made a silent recall of the Jazz just before that. They called me and told me that they were having "product upgrade" or something.... I was postponing it until I could but they were persistent... So, I brought the car to Honda and they changed the CVT fluid......Later on, the issue of the CVT tranny came out..... Another "half-truth" or "half-lie" whichever way you want to look at it....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kung may issue naman siguro mag-rerecall or "silent" recall naman ang honda. mahirap naman pag nasira ang pangalan nila

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Yup, I remember that.

OT: It was our old Jazz then.... And, I understand another one just recently.

Pero, they made a silent recall of the Jazz just before that. They called me and told me that they were having "product upgrade" or something.... I was postponing it until I could but they were persistent... So, I brought the car to Honda and they changed the CVT fluid......Later on, the issue of the CVT tranny came out..... Another "half-truth" or "half-lie" whichever way you want to look at it....

Yes upgrade nga raw pero actually change cvt fluid pero di sila umamin na hindi tugma ang dating fluid na nakalagay. Yan ang maala-ala ko sa aming honda jazz noon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mass Recall for Jazz/Fit/City