New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hello tsikoteers, simple query lang, im planning to replace my 2nd gen vios to a civic fd, for the simple reason na masikip sa loob ng vios and i like the leg room and the space of the fd, questions is, is it easy to maintain a civic fd?say for example are the parts abundantly available? are there any known issues?im eyeing specifically 2009 to 2009 models ,ive heard somehwere na may issues sa pwoer seering about hoses blowing up,what are the things i need to look out for when buying a used fd? and do u know of shops that specializes in fd repair if teh need arises?and whats the realiztic fuel consumption of a 1.8 in city traffic?also whats the difference of the 1.8s to the 1.8v? all fd owners out there,your input will be greatly appreciated,thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yung sa sister ko madalas masira clutch. napalitan na clutch master and slave.

yung power steering din umingay nung ibang brand ng psf nagamit

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Driver side power windows alam ko defective din. Engine support mabilis din masira if im not mistaken.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My 09 1.8 fd nasa 82k kms na

Left wheel bearing replaced at 70k kms
    Front disc resurfaced at 70k kms

So far yan lang naging problema after 5yrs
    Diy the tranny oil and psf at 70k kms

Common yung front disc problem..may nakasabay din ako before sa shop 08 fd ganun din problema....
    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by ozcity; April 28th, 2014 at 09:08 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda cars with hydraulic power steering are not friendly to other brands of power steering fluids. There are a lot of cases with Honda PS systems breaking down after using the non-Honda PSF. The same thing goes in the use of Honda ATF.

May thread din dito about issues with the engine support of the Civic FD. I have also heard from my mechanic that Honda specifies Iridium-type spark plugs are preferred for the Civic FD. Kung maaruga naman sa kotse yung previous owner, no cause for alarm for the buyer.

As for FC, some friends I know who use a Civic FD tell me an average of 8-9 km/L for city driving conditions. That's good enough for a 1.8L engine with a decent output (140hp).
    Last edited by Egan101; April 28th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thank you for the prompt replies, yeah ive heard na kailangan specific honda fluids ang ilalagay lalo na for power steering, pero im going to get the M/T variant, magkano ba usually per liter ang psf ng honda?ang di na din ba nagkakalayo ang parts ng fd compared sa altis 10th gen?san shop meron mga parts ng fd and reasonable naman ba ang price?like say example how much ang wheel bearings nito?casa is not an option kasi mahal, and anu pinagkaiba ng 1.8s sa 1.8v bukod sa rims?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    yung sa cousin at sa kapit bahay namin clutch din lagi niya problema, for now almost 1 week na sa garahe nila ung 1.8s niya, ayaw daw pumasok nung gear sa 1 and 2

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda PSF is 550 per liter in Honda casa while Honda ATF is 640 per liter. Sa Sulit PH, may suki ako na dealer ng Honda oils at fluids (Spugen Honda Parts). Mayrun din ata FD-specific na online group, they can surely help in sourcing for FD parts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rear wheel bearing will cost you around 6k+ ang isa

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    rear wheel bearing will cost you around 6k+ ang isa

thanks for the info sir,hows ur fd naman sir? hows ur fc? wala naman kayo ibang na encounter na problem bukod sa na mention nyo? would you say na magastos mag maintain ng fd or is it reasonable naman, thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast