New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good day mga chiefs,

I am hoping you guys can just enlighten my curious mind about this.

Are HONDAs still more difficult and more expensive to maintain these days? Sabi ng bayaw ko, marami na rin daw HONDA parts na surplus at mas matitibay daw parts ng Honda kaya sila mas mahal compared to other car brand parts.

What do you guys think? mahirap pa rin ba talaga mag maintain ng HONDA sedan (a.e. civic and city)? talaga bang marami na ring mabibilhan ng parts for HONDA cars and ok na rin ba sila kahit sa labas mo pagawa at hindi sa casa?

Your feedback and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you help mga chiefs.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Basically, with all japanese/thailand made car parts, prices are at par w/ each other. Siguro around 500php difference. Syempre haggle/canvass, baka mas mahal nakuha mong parts, kaya kala mo mahal sya, pero taas lng pala pinatong sa iyo.

Also note that all cars that are made new, as in within 3-4 years new, non maintainance parts are difficult to come by.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The bone of contention with mechanics and Honda parts is many times, you can only buy replacement parts as assemblies, instead of just individual parts as with other makes.

Otherwise it's the same. Maintenance is no more difficult than your typical Toyota or Mazda or other Japanese-make car. A lot of people maintain their Hondas on the cheap.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung mahirap, well, hindi naman. same lang with all jap cars. parts are available outside casa.

konti na lang difference ng honda and toyota in terms of parts. may mga replacement na rin available para cheaper. i would recommend 555 brand for replacement ng pangilalim.

there are a lot of shops that specialize on honda cars. no worries...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for your valuable inputs mga chiefs.

*Type 100

Your right, my brother in law used to have the same problem with his 2003 civic lxi. Yung parts na kailngan nya cannot be bought separately at kailngan isang buong assembly ang bibilhin nya, which of course makes the needed parts more expensive indeed. Meron syang kalampag sa front wheels na hindi na mawalawala kahit labas pasok sa casa so in the end sabi nila kailangan na daw palitan yung buong "rack and pinion". He had no choice but to have it replaced and immediately sold it after kase nga daw masyadogn hassle ang maintenance. Though naisip ko rin na maybe ganun sya talaga kamahal cause it is already considered a major replacement.

I guess having it fixed outside may help as long as you go to a reliable and very knowledgeable mechanic who's really good with Hondas.

*istan

I guess it's just really a matter of looking for the right shop that can offer you much cheaper parts. And as my borther in law mentioned, marami na ring daw brand new and surplus parts ng honda sa labas ng casa. Question lang is, are they really as reliable as casa bought parts?

With your inputs in mind, what are the things/key points do I need to consider if ever I decide on buying a second hand Honda sedan like civic or city?

Your feedback and inputs are truly helpful and insightful mga chiefs. Thank you again for reading my post.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Up for the TS. Matagal ko na rin gusto itong tanong. Yung parents ko kasi hanggang ngaun close minded pa rin sila sa ibang brands ng sasakyan na hindi Toyota or Mitsubishi. Basta sa kanila Toyota or Mitsubishi lang ang mura imaintain which is true naman. Kaya mga naging kotse namin L300 van, Adventure, 2004 Adventure at 2006 Lancer. Kaya nung bumili ako ng Ford Focus, ayun lagi na lang nila minamaliit yung auto ko. Pero naniniwala ako na madali na rin imaintain ang ibang brand gaya ng Honda.(Sorry medyo OT yung huli)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bodz View Post
    Yung parents ko kasi hanggang ngaun close minded pa rin sila sa ibang brands ng sasakyan na hindi Toyota or Mitsubishi. Basta sa kanila Toyota or Mitsubishi lang ang mura imaintain which is true naman)
    I have the same problem. I am having a hard time convincing my parents to get me a Honda despite the recall issue and all other problems about Toyota that I've been telling them.

I don't have anyone to help me justify why I should get a Honda since most of my relatives buy nothing but Toyota.

I don't think it's that hard anymore to maintain a Honda since I have friends who own 2000 models and they have their cars repaired outside the casa.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the fact that car enthusiasts/hobbyists have been tearing apart Civics and building them back up again is already proof that Honda parts are as plentiful as Toyota and Mitsubishi

and working on the cars are as easy as working on Toyotas and Mitsibishis

you can find whole engines and transmissions, whole suspension and brake assemblies of Civics in surplus parts shops

amazing people are still mystified by Hondas

Hondas are just like other ordinary cars
    Last edited by uls; March 1st, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    kung mahirap, well, hindi naman. same lang with all jap cars. parts are available outside casa.

konti na lang difference ng honda and toyota in terms of parts. may mga replacement na rin available para cheaper. i would recommend 555 brand for replacement ng pangilalim.

there are a lot of shops that specialize on honda cars. no worries...

Ok, so tama rin yung brother in law ko when he said na marami na rin talagang parts na mabibili outside the casa para mas makamura? Could you recommend a good parts shop chief?

Thanks again for your input.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I have the same problem. I am having a hard time convincing my parents to get me a Honda despite the recall issue and all other problems about Toyota that I've been telling them.

I don't have anyone to help me justify why I should get a Honda since most of my relatives buy nothing but Toyota.

I don't think it's that hard anymore to maintain a Honda since I have friends who own 2000 models and they have their cars repaired outside the casa.

Actually my brother in law has been sort of trying to dissuade me from even considering to buy a second hand honda - a honda city to be exact (I'm aiming for a 2004-2005 model) because based on his experience, Honda's are really hard to maintain, though I've never really seen him take it anywhere else aside from the casa that he usually goes to.

Baka kailngan lang nya siguro lumabas at maghanap hehe . Funny thing is, yun din ang pinili nyang bagong service car so gamit nya ngayon is yung bagong Honda City din, though I guess company nga naman sya so hindi nya problema gastos this time around.

I think you just need to show these type of discussion threads to your parents and maybe then, they may reconsider.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mahirap pa rin ba talaga mag maintain ng HONDA?