New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I read the thread about LPG on cars on this forum. I left a message there but no one answered. I think the thread is dead so am posting my questions here since am to be a honda owner.

1. Is it possible to convert ahonda 95 to use LPG?
    2. Does anyone know the CURRENT price for conversion?
    3. Where can we find an excellent conversion site?
    4. I read in the thread that converting really does help, any comments?
    5. Is converting to LPG really expand the life of the engine? Wikipedia suggest otherwise.
    6. Are all the same (universal) converters? If not, please share knowledge.
    7. Do we need additional paperwork for LTO when we convert?
    5. Is anyone from Pampanga? I would like to ask if there are LPG stations in Pampanga.

Any comments/ suggestion/ ridicule/ critic would be highly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Read on LPG Conversion thread, you will get all the information you want. Hope this helps...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by etneroll View Post
    Read on LPG Conversion thread, you will get all the information you want. Hope this helps...
    correct and you can also PM Ghost Hunter if you need more info. He converted two of his vehicles (mazda and toyota) to LPG.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    correct and you can also PM Ghost Hunter if you need more info. He converted two of his vehicles (mazda and toyota) to LPG.
    Currently it's five cars converted to LPG.

-'99 Corolla GLi (my daily ride)
    -Mazda3 1.6L
    -Honda CRV (2nd gen)
    -'02 Toyota Camry 2.0L
    -Honda City iDSI 1.3L

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zekegoode View Post
    I read the thread about LPG on cars on this forum. I left a message there but no one answered. I think the thread is dead so am posting my questions here since am to be a honda owner.

1. Is it possible to convert ahonda 95 to use LPG?
    yes, GREENFUEL just converted a family friend's '96 Civic VTi to LPG this past week. Any auto-LPG should be able to do the job.

2. Does anyone know the CURRENT price for conversion?
    Typically around P22K to P25k, depending on who does it and what options you want. Options would be the tank type and size. Some installers use a
    "standard" cylindrical 40L tank. Options would be 50L, 60L tanks and donuts type tanks with capacity of 40, 50 and 60 liters.

3. Where can we find an excellent conversion site?
    Actually a lot like MACRO (but kinda expensive), NAIADSS (used be ok but I have been hearing recent quality problems), GREENGAS (sharon from the LPG thread), GREENFUEL (the one who did our auto-LPG conversions), and EROOM/DENSO (offers closed loop mixer type LPG kits).

Personally I would recommend GREENFUEL (call Mike * 0922-823-1270) and tell him you read the LPG thread from TSIKOT.COM

4. I read in the thread that converting really does help, any comments?
    it really helps in saving money after your have done the ROI of your kit.

5. Is converting to LPG really expand the life of the engine? Wikipedia suggest otherwise.
    There is a word that says auto-LPG uses causes valve seat recession due to the lack of lubricating effect of gasoline. I think that would be true, if your engine has soft valve seats. But isn't this issue the same with the use of unleaded gasoline and solved by the current use of hardened valve seats?

I think this problem is only related to cars not designed to use unleaded gasoline.

6. Are all the same (universal) converters? If not, please share knowledge.
    Er... I assume you are asking if all auto-LPG installers the same. The answer would be "depends" since it does greatly depend on human beings' attention on details of the installation. But if the installer/converter is DTI certified, that gives you a minimum degree on the installer's ability / capacity to do the job.

7. Do we need additional paperwork for LTO when we convert?
    I have asked the DTI & insurance companies regarding this. Answer is NO. There is no need to change the car's registration nor to change anything with your car's insurance.

5. Is anyone from Pampanga? I would like to ask if there are LPG stations in Pampanga.
    er... since I am not from Pampanga, I can't answer this.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I need to know something. Pag na gawa ko na LGP based ang CRV 2nd gen ko and next year I plan to sell it, can I remove the LGP attachments and would it would back to original indistinguisable? Can the buyers tell if it was used on LGP previously?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^ Depends.... If the installer drilled some holes on the body or underbody (which they will likely do) then yes, the buyer can find out (although it may not be immediately, if you choose not to point it out clearly to them during intial inspection).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sirs, if this lpg technology is really that very much efficient and good, why would still people and car manufacturers stick to the petrol powered vehicles? what are the drawbacks of the lpg powered vehicles? specially in honda cars? thanks tsikoteers...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by li0nh3a12t View Post
    sirs, if this lpg technology is really that very much efficient and good, why would still people and car manufacturers stick to the petrol powered vehicles? what are the drawbacks of the lpg powered vehicles? specially in honda cars? thanks tsikoteers...
    Petrol (or gasoline) already has an existing distribution and retail infrastructure. It has taken decades for it to reach to it's current level. Auto-LPG has been in the local market for less than five years. Distribution is still limited to the metro areas (like Metro Manila and Metro Cebu).

Typical drawback of LPG converted cars is the smaller trunk space or the displaced spare tire (depending on the type of tank you get).

In other countries, auto companies are selling CNG or LPG enabled brand new vehicles complete with factory warranties. It would only require us to have enough people willing to buy cars factory fitted with LPG systems to get car companies to have them made that way. Unfortunately people like pinoys are often too conservative and suspicious of technology foreign to them (even if it's already proven it worth in other countries).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post
    I need to know something. Pag na gawa ko na LGP based ang CRV 2nd gen ko and next year I plan to sell it, can I remove the LGP attachments and would it would back to original indistinguisable? Can the buyers tell if it was used on LGP previously?
    If you are planning to sell it next year, then it would be better NOT to convert it to LPG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
LPG on Honda?