New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    guys, mahusay ba ang maxspeed springs? went to banawe and one shop offered me this brand of springs. cut springs yung set-up ko with 17's mags 215x45x17 tires. gusto ko taasan yung ride height so they offered me this spring plus lagyan ng rubber lifters para di masyado lowered. advisable ba ito? they say gaganda daw yung ride di na masyado matagtag. is this true?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dahve View Post
    guys, mahusay ba ang maxspeed springs? went to banawe and one shop offered me this brand of springs. cut springs yung set-up ko with 17's mags 215x45x17 tires. gusto ko taasan yung ride height so they offered me this spring plus lagyan ng rubber lifters para di masyado lowered. advisable ba ito? they say gaganda daw yung ride di na masyado matagtag. is this true?
    it will definitely improve considering your current springs are cut. how much will it cost?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    never heard of the brand. i would rather neuspeed, HnR, tanabe brands. i had my share sa mga taiwan brand lowering spring and they really suck.

IMO dont go cheap sa lowering spring, malayo difference ng mga sinabi ko brand than those unknown sa handling and comfort.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    yeah, archie is right. go for the known and trusted brands. since you're going to spend money anyway, might as well invest on something better.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    tama yung sinabi ni bro archie...can't go wrong with his said brands.

these unknown brands are prone from sagging. that's what i read over and over again.

kaya ako, ipon mode pa din...di naman makaipon

im still eyeing for the Tanabe DF210.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    better to invest pa rin sir sa mga trusted brands lalo na sa mga moving parts like springs.
    true, malayo ang price difference nila (maxspeed is around 4-6k yta? versus say H&R na around 12-15k) but that price difference will come back to haunt you. maiinis ka lang katagalan dahil di maganda ang ride and you'll probably end up selling that cheap brand springs again kasi di ka masaya.

think of it sir as an investment for your ride comfort, whatever it is, you can't go wrong with that

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzeLSMT View Post
    it will definitely improve considering your current springs are cut. how much will it cost?
    maxspeed 8.5k w/ installation, 250/rubber lifter x 8pcs up and down lalagyan para humabol sa stock height. yung tanabe nila 10k. ok na ba yun, tein nila 11 o 12k. which is better?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    mga idol how about heating the stock spring to compress? way way cheaper but what is the consequence of compressing by heat treatment?

one shop told me that without applying water after heating will not degrade quality of spring.......

any one try this method?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    maxspeed 8.5k w/ installation, 250/rubber lifter x 8pcs up and down lalagyan para humabol sa stock height. yung tanabe nila 10k. ok na ba yun, tein nila 11 o 12k. which is better?
    teka teka, gusto mo sir stock height? why not get the OEM na lang. way cheaper than lowering spring and the comfort would be better. lifters are used to increase a little height para hindi nakatingala yung oto. aggressive pa rin tignan. usually sa likod ito kinakabit.

if you want to go lowered, tein na ko.

yung sabi mo na option does not make sense and magastos lang.

Quote Originally Posted by arieslhon View Post
    mga idol how about heating the stock spring to compress? way way cheaper but what is the consequence of compressing by heat treatment?

one shop told me that without applying water after heating will not degrade quality of spring.......

any one try this method?
    dont bother, heat treating it would cause fatigue on the metal. chances are bibigay yung spring kung uneven road lagi daanan. just remember, heat would cause metal to weaken and spring rate would differ dramatically.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    [quote=archie123456789;1617334]teka teka, gusto mo sir stock height? why not get the OEM na lang. way cheaper than lowering spring and the comfort would be better. lifters are used to increase a little height para hindi nakatingala yung oto. aggressive pa rin tignan. usually sa likod ito kinakabit.

if you want to go lowered, tein na ko.

yung sabi mo na option does not make sense and magastos lang.

nagpalit na ako dati ng springs sa harap kasi mali yung pagputol ng previous owner sa spring nung nakuha ko yung oto, sa baba ng springs sya nagputol kaya may tok sound sa springs at shock. nung kinabit yung spring na nabili ko na oem halos isang dangkal yung height bet. tires and fender kaya no choice pinaputol ko pero sa upper portion para yumuko sa harap yung oto imbes na nakatingala. baka sir may avail. kayo stock springs sa civic niyo since nag lowering springs na rin kayo? sa lowering springs kahit naka 17's mags ka pwede?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
lowered springs for ek?