New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi. For those who own a Honda City..

I own a 2004 Honda City. My problem is that I need to replace the front lower arm suspension bushings because its already worn out. My question is where can I buy the bushings? I was able to talk to a mechanic from Petron Car Care center in Ortigas and he said that only the whole arm assembly is available for my car. I want to save money so I'm thinking of alternatives like to change only the bushings and not the whole assembly. Maybe some of you had the same experience, please share naman. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi, try to search zee or cruven in the forum, magaling sila sa pag repair ng underbody ng sasakyan. not sure about your kung replaceable yung bushing ng kotse mo pero sa tingin ko pwede yan. minsan konti lang ang difference sa price kaya mas maganda bili ka na lang ng replacement. cheers

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Had a similar problem December last year for my City 2006. Yung sabi sakin wala atang per part lang. Talagang whole arm assembly. Replacement parts would cost you around 4-6k, can't remember exactly. Not sure din kung magkano geniune Honda.

Got mine repaired sa Roadstar Enterprises dito sa Makati. They took care of getting the parts for me so it would be cheaper pa siguro if you get one on your own. Avoid Roadstar though, manloloko yung sa wheel align nila and hindi maganda yung unang pagkagawa kaya when i was about to take a u-turn para ibalik, ayun, nabangga pako ng motor. :P Pero ok pa din naman until now yung gawa nila after ko ibalik.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If the problem is to replaced the front lower arm suspension bushings . Theres a lot of auto supply in Banawe who carry Honda parts. Servitek can do the job .

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I had a left lower control arm bushing crack on my 2005 Jazz (mechanically identical to your car). Basically I had no choice but to have the whole lower control arm replaced, as unlike the EG and EK Civics, our GD Jazzes and Cities don't have only the bushings as replacements.

Parts cost for a new left lower control arm is around PhP3700, genuine Honda. Had mine replaced around March this year.

Good luck

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    I just called Honda Makati and they confirmed that they don't sell the bushings separately. Kailangan whole suspension arm assembly. The price of the genuine Honda part is 5K+ each. Whew!

Anyone knows how much ang replacement parts and kung saan pwede ipakabit?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Any shop that does suspension work should be able to do that.

Don't bother with replacements, best to bite the bullet and buy the OEM Honda part. You could conceivably buy just made-in-Taiwan bushings but they're still not up to snuff compared to OEM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    bro,

try mo sa Honda spa located in Mindanao Ave. Tandang sora. dun nagbebenta sila mga part of honda genuine. gusto mo dun ka na rin pagawa medyo mahal nga lang pero sure ka naman

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thank you mga sir. If may budget lang talaga ako, i'll go for the honda genuine parts. Kaso as of now, I cannot afford buying 2 lower suspension arms for a total of 10K+.

Sa Cruven na lang ako magpapafabricate ng bushings since yun lang naman yung sira. I've read from previous threads na maganda ang gawa nila and may malapit sa amin na Cruven.

I hope I'm taking the right decision. :-)

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Update ko lang po kayo regarding this.

Cruven's mechanic said that the bushings are still in tact contrary sa sinabi ng mechanic ng Petron Car Care. I also had it checked sa Rapide and they said na walang sira yung bushings.

It pays to have 2nd and 3rd opinions..ndi na ako napagastos. :-)

Lower Suspension Arm Bushing