New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    We encountered a blinking oil pressure indicator on a long drive last year and an oil change at shell fixed it. We availed of an oil change promo at honda last february and on a long drive last night our oil change indicator started blinking then turned steady on. Turned on the engine for a few minutes this morning but it didn't light up and the oil level is normal. Will return the car to honda tomorrow but is wondering if this is something to be worried about. My wife uses this car every two weeks in her regional meetings.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roycruz View Post
    We encountered a blinking oil pressure indicator on a long drive last year and an oil change at shell fixed it. We availed of an oil change promo at honda last february and on a long drive last night our oil change indicator started blinking then turned steady on. Turned on the engine for a few minutes this morning but it didn't light up and the oil level is normal. Will return the car to honda tomorrow but is wondering if this is something to be worried about. My wife uses this car every two weeks in her regional meetings.
    till you have it check by casa check your oil level daily just to be in the safe side.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    assuming the sensors are working fine and you have the correct oil level, it means that oil is not reaching the places it should. could be defective oil pump, clogged filter or passageways. yep, it should be something to be worried about: machinery without oil is catastrophic. however, oil in the internal parts won't dry up easily, you can still drive it, but lightly and carefully. bring it to the nearest shop asap. good luck

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Or a loose wiring.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Wrong click correct reply sa baba
    Last edited by roycruz; March 10th, 2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Double post

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Used for short drives today di sya umilaw. Non synthetic ang ginamit last feb sa honda lucena then went to clark though stopover kami sa manila. Kahapon lang umilaw but i didn't stop until we got to lucena ayoko kasi iwan sa highway overnight madilim pa naman so i just drove slow. Asked my wife to bring sa honda lucena bukas to get their opinion. Thanks sana nothing major.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by roycruz View Post
    Used for short drives today di sya umilaw. Non synthetic ang ginamit last feb sa honda lucena then went to clark though stopover kami sa manila. Kahapon lang umilaw but i didn't stop until we got to lucena ayoko kasi iwan sa highway overnight madilim pa naman so i just drove slow. Asked my wife to bring sa honda lucena bukas to get their opinion. Thanks sana nothing major.
    Oil pressure sensor does not distinguish between mineral and synthetic oil. As long as the oil is being pumped in the engine dapat di siya iilaw. Sana nga loose coonection lang and not a failing oil pump

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if i were you, i'd not risk my engine. Learned lesson the hardway. Happened to my lancer before, problem started interminttenly, until the warning light didnt come off. i thought it was only the sensor, or the light in the dash that got a prob, since the engine sounded normal. even called my trusted mechanic for 2nd opinion. so drove it home for about 5Km, after running about 3Km, nagbago na tunog ng makina, umingay na, then i knew i made the wrong decision, and i know, i blew the engine already, so tinuloy ko na hanggang makarating ng house. naiuwi ko pa, but hindi na nag start after i got home, so hinila na lang sa shop. My advise is to stop the engine if the oil warning is lit, have it fixed.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Car is in lucena gamit ng misis ko. Pinatest drive nya kanina sa honda lucena and hindi daw umilaw dalhin na lang daw sa san pablo dahil wala silang pang check ng computer box. We are now in a dilema coz malayo ang san pablo and may risk tumirik sa daan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sir, pa tow mo na lang just to be safe. baka mas lalong masira habang ginagamit mo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast