New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    hi guys,

i need help. i own this second hand civic 1999 LXi. and parang napansin ko lang is that during high speed and high rev (70~90kph)(2000~2500rpm) may kumakalansing sa engine ko or just under the hood (rigth side) bali in fort of the driver, and when i rev down na wawala din. but if i stop and just rev the engine wala namang tunug. is this normal for civics? because young lumang kotse ko na toyota hindi naman ganun.

thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does it sound like rocks in a can?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ +1 Engine knock, maybe.

What fuel do you use?

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    hi guys,

it sound like tansan in can, its a high frequency sound. and it only sounds during on the move. im using shell unleaded fuel, i will try to change to 95+ octane and observe if the sound is still present.

thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ +1 Engine knock, maybe.

What fuel do you use?
    Actually I was thinking ignition timing as the potential culprit if it is engine knock.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pyriel View Post
    it sound like tansan in can, its a high frequency sound. and it only sounds during on the move. im using shell unleaded fuel, i will try to change to 95+ octane and observe if the sound is still present.
    Before you go changing fuels, have the ignition timing checked and set to factory specs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    check mo din wheels at suspension mo tutal sabi mo naman pag hindi high speed wala yung tunog, check mo din glove box baka may items lang dun na natunog he he

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually I was thinking ignition timing as the potential culprit if it is engine knock.

sir,

if yung ignition timing is potentially the cause, diba dapat if stationary and nag rev aku I can hear na the sound?

thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pyriel View Post
    sir,

if yung ignition timing is potentially the cause, diba dapat if stationary and nag rev aku I can hear na the sound?
    No necessarily. Depends on the degree of the timing advance.

It could also be the flow of fuel (not enough flow) causing your engine to lean out when heavily loaded.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No necessarily. Depends on the degree of the timing advance.

It could also be the flow of fuel (not enough flow) causing your engine to lean out when heavily loaded.
    sir,

can this cause a long term damage to my engine?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
kumakalansing yung engine at high speed, need help.