New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nice photoshots . That letter X5 code in the carton meaning to say universal filter .
    The good thing you install a short ram intake is your engine breath well and not restricted. good acceleration . Nothing to worry during rainy season flood compare to Cold air intake. were your filter located near the bumper area. If your MAF sensor is not properly attached you will have a problem in your engine idling.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    speed:

is that the maf sensor? how do i remove it? i just want know how to hehe. btw my car is a 97 vti!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bobochan789 View Post
    *isa

sir, anu ba yung tube na shiny? yung nasa last pic, the rubber shiny tube. naka connect sya sa engine eh, and can you look kung tama yung kabit po nung MAF sensor! thanks!

ill post a vid later! haha!
    Paps hindi ko maview yung pics. Sa office lang kasi ako nag-nenet eh habang naka-duty... So may restrictions like that, lam mo na

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    haha ganun po ba, dalawa kasi yung nakakabit dun sa pinaka tube ng intake, isang shiny black tube, tapos yung isa parang clip siya na may wires.

btw! i resetted the ECU now lang, and mas maganda response nya. magpost ako mamaya ng video hehe!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    video!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRyP-UkUHCQ"]YouTube- K&N short ram intake[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nice Video Bro. Now you can see or hear how your engine breath freely than the stock filter. If you want more additional Horsepower on it put Header and Exhaust on it so you will here more [HAGOK] sound on it and roaring of the engine.
    Last edited by speed unlimited; December 19th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    yup yun nga sabi, dapat daw headers and exhaust na rin daw. but as for now, eto na muna siguro, i want to stay stock as much as possible haha!

hey speed, from the pics, is it installed correctly?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ayos yung vid. Namiss ko tuloy yung Simota ko (dual funnel intake type parang APEX-i) ... Ganun din yung higop ng hangin...

If you can install a heat shield, you may want to do so.
    BTW, yung aluminum tube may sticker na talagang KNN o kinabit niyo lang? Ganda tignan eh

Yung mga nakikita ko kasi sa banawe Simota tube ang gamit nila...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    yup dinikit ko na lang yun, they gave me three free stickers hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    the "shiny" tube that you're asking is for the exhaust gases emmiting from the valve cover. some people put a small breather (parang small filter na kagaya ng simota) para wala na daw yung shiny tube. what happens is that the exhaust gas from the small hole is put back to the large tube, so parang nirerecycle yung hangin (better for the environment daw yun).

marami na rin nakapagsabi na pag naglagay ka ng breather, mas hihina daw hatak ng kotse. haven't tried it though kasi same lang tayo ng det up, naka simota nga lang ako, tagal masira e bago ako bumili ng KNN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
K&N short ram intake review