New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Well, side and side curtain airbags kase important sakin. For a side collision. (ex beating the red light)

I've watched numerous crash tests and those side airbags can really make a difference.

Frontal collision yes, advantage ang bigger vehicles syempre. Pero kahit frontal may chance pa din makatulong yung side airbags kase.
    I would say get the car that ticks off your priority boxes. It seems that the Jazz does that for you.

You may also want to check the Altis. Afaik, it comes with side, curtain and knee airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Other suggestions aside sa Jetta with 6 airbags or more?

Important talaga sakin sana yun, kung madami lang airbags yung 1.8E no contest na sana.
    If i remember the Toyota corolla G model already has 6 airbags. But compared with the civic i might just get the Civic than a Corolla.
    I think also the Mazda 3 R model has 6 airbags? but its priced a bit more than the civic 1.8E and Corolla G model.

if ur a family man with kids already you should give importance to the 6 airbags and passive safety.
    i have relatives being saved by side airbags from a US highway crash. They came out with just minor bruise and cuts but the car was totaled.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    If i remember the Toyota corolla G model already has 6 airbags. But compared with the civic i might just get the Civic than a Corolla.
    I think also the Mazda 3 R model has 6 airbags? but its priced a bit more than the civic 1.8E and Corolla G model.

if ur a family man with kids already you should give importance to the 6 airbags and passive safety.
    i have relatives being saved by side airbags from a US highway crash. They came out with just minor bruise and cuts but the car was totaled.
    Still single, kaya consider ko ang Jazz.

Current car is City GM so a Civic is a proper upgrade sana.

Pag isipan ko to ng mabuti and thanks sa suggestions.

Not considering Toyota anymore since I've had bad experience ako sa casa and the car itself.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Technically speaking, the engine on the Jazz/City (L15A7) is similar to the Civic RS (L15B7) but it comes with a turbocharger.
    This is misleading. The L15B7 is all new and different compared to other L15A's.

Intake/Exhaust manifold orientation, SOHC vs DOHC and the annoying tick sound of the DI injectors are dead give-aways, more than just "slapping" a turbo...

Further discussed here * 12:20

TOV Video: 2016 Civic 1.5 Turbo Engine Overview with Chief Powertrain Engineer Yuji Matsumochi - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    That, and nobody I know really wears seatbelts pag nakaupo sila sa likod. Airbag deployment can further injure them pa.

Remind rear passengers to put on seat belt ... or they can get off and commute ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Well, side and side curtain airbags kase important sakin. For a side collision. (ex beating the red light)

Then DON'T beat red lights ... the larger vehicle with 2 airbags will be safer in general than a smaller vehicle with more airbags ... whether it's front, side or rear impact ... larger vehicle has more mass and is generally built better ...

Get the Honda Civic ... it's the newer designed vehicle compared to the Honda Jazz which will be replaced soon ... and practice safe driving ...

BTW, have you test driven the new Honda Civic? ... go do it, you might just change your mind ...
    Last edited by Walter; January 27th, 2018 at 06:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Then DON'T beat red lights ... the larger vehicle with 2 airbags will be safer in general than a smaller vehicle with more airbags ... whether it's front, side or rear impact ... larger vehicle has more mass and is generally built better ...

Get the Honda Civic ... it's the newer designed vehicle compared to the Honda Jazz which will be replaced soon ... and practice safe driving ...

BTW, have you test driven the new Honda Civic? ... go do it, you might just change your mind ...
    Sir hindi ako yung mag beat ng red light, what I meant if go na ako then may nag beat, then sa side ako tatamaan.

Well hindi ko pa na test drive, pero naka drive na ako ng FD and FB, so I think similar and slightly better lang siya.

Based sa suggestions I'm now 60% Civic. Worry ko lang mukang sayadin.

City ko kase kahit 1 passenger lang sumasayad sa humps na medyo mataas, yung bumper and sa mid section ng body.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Sir hindi ako yung mag beat ng red light, what I meant if go na ako then may nag beat, then sa side ako tatamaan.

Well hindi ko pa na test drive, pero naka drive na ako ng FD and FB, so I think similar and slightly better lang siya.

Based sa suggestions I'm now 60% Civic. Worry ko lang mukang sayadin.

City ko kase kahit 1 passenger lang sumasayad sa humps na medyo mataas, yung bumper and sa mid section ng body.
    Mataas fc civic, may big *$s hump sa amin, mazda3, focus, civic 7th gen lahat nasayad sa fc hindi.

Side airbag is like a 4x4 feature on a car. We can all start a new thread and argue year round about this topic pero simply put, if you can afford, it's always better to have one when need arises.

Pinagkaiba lang, if wala ka 4x4 at nabalahaw ka. Pede ka maglakad n lng, patulak sa mga tambay, call for help, and call it a day. Unless nasa desert ka at malayo layo lakaran at mamatay ka sa dehydration. Ung desert sa atin sa Ilocos naman is too small and too crowded to be considered one. LOL.

Sa side airbag, if swerte ka bukol lang abot mo or if malas malas, deads ka.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004

The Honda Civic X is far, far better than those two ... the ground clearance spec is misleading ... it's not really that low ... according to Jut, he scraped his Toyota Corolla Altis more often than the Honda Civic X ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    If the jazz had the 1.5 turbo engine of the RS.....itd be perfect. I wonder if they do retrofits....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast