New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    For brand new, good choice ba kung Jazz RS over the Civic 1.8E in terms of safety?

6 airbags kase ung Jazz, 2 lang yung Civic. In terms of tech, same lang, parehong old engines, mas luma pa nga ata yung sa Civic.

Hanap ko kase at least 6 airbags, ang tagal nung Vitara GLX eh. di ko na maantay.

Mga 1M lang kase budget.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I suggest you get the Jetta Comfortline at 1.1M. You get driver, passenger, side, and curtain airbags. It is cheaper on fuel as it comes with turbo diesel engine. Also, it is quicker and faster than both Jazz and Civic 1.8L.

https://www.volkswagen.com.ph/conten...Jetta%20CL.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda thread pala ito. Hahahaha

I'd get the Civic over the Jazz any day. The Jazz RS is too pricey for a subcompact hatch priced at 1M.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Kung Jazz VX vs Civic, doon ako sa Jazz but kung Jazz RS vs Civic, i'll have to go with Civic.

I don't know.. 1m is too much for a Jazz RS. Ok sana kung may difference sa power and features yung Jazz just like Civic E and Civic RS to justify the price difference.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Jazz ako kung engine ng civic rs nakalagay sa Jazz hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Jazz ako kung engine ng civic rs nakalagay sa Jazz hehehe

Technically speaking, the engine on the Jazz/City (L15A7) is similar to the Civic RS (L15B7) but it comes with a turbocharger.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Other suggestions aside sa Jetta with 6 airbags or more?

Important talaga sakin sana yun, kung madami lang airbags yung 1.8E no contest na sana.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I drive on dangerous roads all the time and I'm more concerned about active safety (handling, steering, ABS, traction control) than passive safety (airbags).

The Civic handles very well, brakes very confidently, and traction control works very well when you overdo a corner.

The Civic's body is also rated 5-stars in the latest ASEAN NCAP.

Personally I don't see the 6 airbags as a crucial advantage of the Jazz over the Civic. All things considered, I think the Civic is better.

I also think the Civic is better than the Jetta Comfortline, which has far less appeal in the flesh. My fiance saw it on display in a mall and was surprised to find out it costs the same as the Civic 1.8 which looks better inside and out.

Maintenance and long-term ownership is another advantage of the Honda over the VW. Good luck finding parts outside the casa in 5 years compared to the Civic which sold 4,000+ units last year so 3rd party stores are sure to stock up on basic parts.

Biggest advantage of the Jetta course is the diesel power and efficiency. That alone can make it worth it for you. Quicker 0-100 time than the Civic 1.8 because of the torque but the Civic gets to 200 kph quicker because it's lighter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Not sure if there's any logic behind my thinking...

Pero assuming the same approximate year model, pag accident yung pinag uusapan, I'd rather be in a larger vehicle with 2 airbags than a smaller vehicle with 6...

Example: Camry (the S and G variants have 2 airbags) vs a Jazz with 6... I guess same thing with the Civic vs the Jazz. The Jetta and the Civic are in the same class so safety feature-wise parang mas okay talaga yung Jetta.

That, and nobody I know really wears seatbelts pag nakaupo sila sa likod. Airbag deployment can further injure them pa.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Well, side and side curtain airbags kase important sakin. For a side collision. (ex beating the red light)

I've watched numerous crash tests and those side airbags can really make a difference.

Frontal collision yes, advantage ang bigger vehicles syempre. Pero kahit frontal may chance pa din makatulong yung side airbags kase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast