New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I plan to buy my wife a new car as replacement to her aging sentra. We are torn between the 2: Jazz 1.5 vs. City 1.5.
    Which is better? Are the engines and transmission the same? Do they offer the same fuel economy readings?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    there the same banana with a different skin.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    there might be a difference between ride though, some are saying matagtag daw ang hatch compared sa sedan

regarding fuel economy, should be the same since pareho lang naman engine nila, might differ a bit because of weight? unless they weigh the same?

if you need space and compact na car, Jazz... pero if you want better ride and a sedan, eh di City

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It could be possible for the sedan to have better aerodynamics. A hatchback's aerodynamics are compromised by the severe cutoff at the edge of the roof.

The separation of flow at the rear of the car on a sedan is much smoother, which helps with economy... though I doubt the difference will be significant.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Jazz - IMPORTED FROM THAILAND

City - MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

BUY PHILIPPINE MADE HAHAHA.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Let her choose which one she likes more. FC should be very similar between the 2. Test drive both and see which feels nicer.
    Having said that I have been driving a City since 2009. I get around 13 km/l combined city and highway. This is according to the trip computer. I do A LOT of highway. Maybe 70 to 80% of my km travelled is on the highway.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    have your wife sit inside one. which ever she feels more right for her, then that's your answer.
    the city and the jazz share the same engine, transmission, etc.
    i drive a jazz 1.5V i get 12-13KM/L on average, my bro in law drives a city 1.3 AT he gets a 13-14 KM/L both would be on mixed hiway and city driving

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^test drive both if possible, let her do all the driving since sya naman gagamit.

good luck with the purchase

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We used to own a 2005 Jazz. It was no brainer then as the City's form looks awkward for both of us.

When it was time to replace it end of 2009, we chose the City over the Jazz, because of its improved look and the "security" of the trunk for our laptops and other personal stuffs. Of course, the current Jazz now addresses this...

Our only issue with the current City?.... Its low front overhang...

16.4K:bond:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Jazz scrapes over everything, too. One of the few test units I've bottomed out over a simple speed bump.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast