New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The replacement of the Jazz will be the all-new Honda City hatchback. We first learned of this development in January 2020 when we got hold of an internal document detailing that Honda Thailand will be exporting a 5-door variant of the City for the Philippine market with the 1.5-liter twin cam i-VTEC engine.

“The Jazz has been a remarkable nameplate in the Philippine market for around 13 years. However, as we continue to put an emphasis on meeting market demands, we have thoroughly studied the necessity of the models in our current model lineup. After careful consideration, we would like to formally announce the discontinuation of Jazz and all its variants, in order for us to shift our focus and resources to our current and upcoming models.” said Mr. Masahiko Nakamura, Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. (HCPI) president.

Honda Cars Philippines says they have sold over 25,000 units of the Jazz in the local market over three generations. The model will continue to go on sale at dealers that still have stocks, so if you're in the market for a new Jazz, the time to decide is now.
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...continued.html
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 9th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013

RIP Honda Jazz.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jazz will surely be missed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    RIP from a fanboy.

Enjoyed my time with Gen 1, 2 and 3.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014

city hatch seems to have the fuel tank under the front row seats just like the jazz

jazz reborn

PS cant blame them, new jazz/fit probably too quirky for pinoy tastes

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

city hatch seems to have the fuel tank under the front row seats just like the jazz

jazz reborn

PS cant blame them, new jazz/fit probably too quirky for pinoy tastes
    I think a grill change can make the fit appealing to more people but the added logistics of importing the fit from another location (china/japan) probably made it not worthwhile to Honda PH

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Why not rebadge the PH market City hatch, as a Jazz?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Most likely everything comes from Thailand and HondaPH just stores them. If HondaPH rebadges it, it would mean they have to remove all references to the City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    i am sure the manufacturer can do so, if it wants to.

for example,
    for the longest time, toyota have been coming out with various vehicles and putting the "corolla" badge on them,
    and claiming that they have built more corollas than any car variant in the world...
    but looking at these "corollas" every five or ten year intervals, and one may come to the conclusion that they are different cars.

rant.
    heh heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast