New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Bago member lang poa ko dito at tingin ko ito makakatulong sa akin. Please advise kasi plan ko palitan yung air suspension to upgraded one, yung tipong pwede lowered at hindi. Maganda kaya sa kotse yung ganun klase at kung maganda saan nakakabili at nga magkano ang cost?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is your purpose for the "adjustable ride height" suspension?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What kind of adjustable are you looking at?

If you're looking at coilovers with ride height adjustment, forget it. That has a dozen adjustments, but just three modes. Stiff, stiffer, stiffest.

If you're looking at airbags, good luck... it's major surgery for the car, costs an arm, a leg and a kidney, and adds a lot of weight to the car. And there's no guarantee it will ride better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thank you very much for your reply, I am just planning it to make it lowered but based from your reply. Malamang hindi na lang, baka adjustable lowering springs na lang ang gamitin ko.

Thanks again...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What you want are cosmetic lowering springs. You'll have to ask at the honda club ( http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/v4/home.php ) for advice on which springs are the softest. Some lowering springs are stiff, but some actually ride better than stock.

And no, there is no such thing as "adjustable" lowering springs.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Filoz View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply, I am just planning it to make it lowered but based from your reply. Malamang hindi na lang, baka adjustable lowering springs na lang ang gamitin ko.

Thanks again...

Teka ka muna, ang dali mo namang matakot binibiro kalang ni Niky hindi ka naman nila ibabaon eh!... at isang kidney, kamay at paa lang naman ang tatanggalin sa iyo.

Ano na nga pala ang kailangan mo? Suspension pala. Para sa anong sasakyan (Accord, Prelude,Civic, CRV, Pilot, Element, FCX clarity, Fit, Odyssey, Ridgeline, S2000) anong year, 4 doors o 2 doors, anong kulay at sinong driver?

Yong ganito ba ang gusto mo?
    Last edited by v6dreamer; December 6th, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're looking at coilovers with ride height adjustment, forget it. That has a dozen adjustments, but just three modes. Stiff, stiffer, stiffest.
    Three levels of stiffness:

Stiff as a board
    Stiff as a rock
    Stiff as John Holmes & Peter North

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Three levels of stiffness:

Stiff as a board
    Stiff as a rock
    Stiff as John Holmes & Peter North
    Hahaha... AutoXer was tuning the Speedlab Civic a few months ago, and I was along for the ride... we only found one setting that didn't make me want to throw up (somewhere around the middle setting), but then that one still rattled my brains out.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    makasingit na nga dito..

ano kayang magandang brand ng shocks & springs ang pwede kong ilagay sa Civic ko?
    ang tagtag kasi ng stock eh..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Like I said, you'll have to ask at hcp or a foreign Honda club as to which lowering springs are relatively soft. For Mazdas, some guy made a guide on the forums as to the exact spring rate of all lowering springs on the market. If you're lucky, you'll find the same thing on the Honda boards. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Inquiry about Honda 1.8S A/T